1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suggested Holocaust readings?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What are your suggestions for readings on the Holocaust?

Right now I am reading a book by Laura Hillman, "I will plant you a lilac tree", a memoir of a Schindler's list survivor.

God forbid.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took a graduate course on the Holocaust last semester. Most of the books we used were thick scholarly works which will be of no interest to you (or me). However we did have to do a brief speech on a survivor account. I chose Icek Kuperberg's "Memoirs of a Holocaust Survivor". Even though Holocaust is not my area, and even though I can't really say I "enjoyed" the course, I found this book to be very interesting. It is a short (76pgs), self published book, that you probably can (and will) read in one sitting. Despite it's short nature, this book a highly informative publication. In this book Kuperberg talks about his experiences at various Nazi camps. Some folks have, interestingly enough, described this book as "uplifting". At times you will think that description is very wrong but at other times you will find yourself agreeing with that description. Overall I thought it was a mixed bag.

The price at Amazon is a bit high considering how small the book is but it is well worth the money:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1581127561/?tag=baptis04-20

[​IMG]