1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SUICIDE BOMBERS: Futurist only

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by blacksheep, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, - having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: - and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone."

"And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire"... (suicide vest)
    The word for breastplates is the word 'thorax,' and were held by straps that went over the shoulders or around the neck. "...and of jacinth," (dark red)... From Vines.... Jacinth: signifies "hyacinthine," perhaps primarily having the color of the hyacinth. Some regard its color as that of the martagon lily, a dusky
    red.

According to Swete, the word 'jacinth' in Rev 9:17 is, "doubtless meant to describe the blue smoke of a sulphurous flame."

...and brimstone:...."sparks and explosion." This is the only place the word 'brimstone' or Strong's #2306 is used in the NT. Strong's #2306 comes from 2303 and says, in its original sense of "flashing."

They are also mentioned in the fourth seal as “TO KILL WITH DEATH”…

Revelation 6:7-8 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, - and with death, - and with the beasts of the earth.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it turns out, the individual who started this thread was wearing one of those vests. Muslim, I suppose.

Thread is closed.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.