1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suicide

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Yes you can read everything without logging in, you will just see more ads.

So it is possible that he has been reading without logging in.

2. DrRandyGrace

DrRandyGrace New Member

Where was the public computer?

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Where are all of our pastors? Have any posted?

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I have Amy as have Tim and several others. If AJ is not posting or reading, anything we post does not do him a bit of good. It is up to the authorities of this thread to give all private data to the nearest local authority for AJ's safety.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm sorry P51. I didn't realize you are a pastor. :eek:

Thanks for your help. Thanks to Tim too.

I hope AJ let's us know how he is. :praying:

6. DrRandyGrace

DrRandyGrace New Member

Personal info deleted

#46 DrRandyGrace, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Personal info deleted

#47 Magnetic Poles, Oct 27, 2008
  8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Guys, I appreciate that you are trying to help but:

Take all this personal info off this OPEN TO THE WORLD board and pm a mod!

You don't know what sort of folks might be lurking that may contact and harrass the folks on the other end of that address or phone number.

Not a smart thing the above!

9. Magnetic Poles

MK, I understand the concern, but a life is at stake. I have no idea which mod will get a pm first, so this is the best way to make sure the first one on sees it. I did ask it to be deleted upon someone getting it who is working with authorities. It also is publicly available, as this came out of the DexKnows online telephone directory, which is also open to the world. I think saving AJ's life trumps the chance of people misusing the info at this point.

#49 Magnetic Poles, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
  10. menageriekeeper

MP, if you click on home above and bring up the forum list, the mods are listed to the right of each forum. Blackbird, Dr. Bob, C4K, and Bible Boy are frequent visitor and you can click on their names and pm them. PM all of them.

Brutus listed the phone of a woman. Do you have any idea how being posted to a board like this raises her chances of being contacted by someone with no business in contacting her??? Do you want to possibly risk someone's life or well being in the process of saving another? How much sense does that make.

I'm telling you, if I was the woman who's number was published I'd be seriously not happy at finding it listed as a possible contact for a suicidal man I might not even know.

11. Magnetic Poles

MK, like I said, this is publicly listed telephone service. No secrets anyway. But I did PM and pulled AJs info out of my post. I do see your concern but still disagree. If he were unlisted, that's another matter. I doubt the number Brutus posted is AJ, but the listing appears to be valid that I found.

12. menageriekeeper

Thanks MP. I appreciate it.

I'll give you that addresses are not as problematical as the phone number, but still, it makes me uncomfortable especially as we don't know that this is actually "our" AJ.

Brutus' post has disappeared it seems. I don't know if I should thank him or a mod, but I'm glad it's gone.

I'll go back to my corner now.

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad to see everyone trying to help. However I think the information should be collected and turned over to the police by the moderators. Let the proper authorities do the tracking. Posting private information on a public forum, for any reason, is not wise nor safe.

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Neither is suicide. If a person is trying to kill himself, I don't see how something being unsafe makes a difference.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys don't let this thread get drawn off topic about what kind of info is dangerous to put on the net. There is an issue more pressing here. Maybe we could all post prayers on AJ's behalf instead.

MY Heavenly Father,

We lift up AJ tonight and ask that you would intercede and encourage him. It appears he has lost all hope and we know this is not of you. Be with his family and strengthen them all. In the name of your Son and our Lord and Savior amen.

16. Allan

Allan Active Member

I agree Revmitchell - keep on topic guys.

Heavenly Father,

I to stand in agreement with all my brothers and sisters in Christ an Aj's behalf. Though we, at times, will walk a very rough path it is still a path that you are walking with us upon and I pray that you will open Aj's spiritual eyes to this truth. The truth that you are with Him and that You are God, who is able to work all things for the good of those who love you and are the called according to your purpose. Glorify your name in him Lord Jesus and comfort him, his family and bring truth to triumph over the lies which are holding him. Great and might Lord God we praise you for all that you have done and are doing and will yet do. Let your will be done in all thingsmy precious redeemer and Lord Jesus - Amen.

17. redbelt

redbelt New Member

AJ,

I do hope you are still with us and reading these posts. There are many who are genuinely concerned for you. Your situation reminds me of Soldiers I have worked with, both in Iraq and here.
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I bet you haven't been sleeping well or eating well. God has created us with need for rest and nourishment. For your own good and for the good of your son, please talk to your pastor or a close friend and tell them what your struggling with. You have shared an important reason to live and that is your son. If you were to ask him whether he would want you or your money, I am pretty sure we know what his answer would be.
    If you're on the edge, call 911 and simply ask for help. Having been a police officer myself, they will respond and ensure that you get the care you need. After good rest and nourishment, I'm sure you will feel much better and be able to face this battle with a clear mind.
    Please... don't allow suicide to separate you from your son and from what God may still have for you to do.
    I will send you a private note with my phone number. Please call... I am a pretty good listener and want to help if I can.
    We are praying for you AJ!

18. Beth

Beth New Member

Praying

I also am praying for you, aj.....

19. Beth

Beth New Member

Is this possible?

Personal info removed.

#59 Beth, Oct 28, 2008
  20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Please trust me folks. I am deleting any personal info posted. We appreciate your concern and hard work.

You are going to have to trust my decision here, please bear with us.

Someone close to the situation has asked to avoid posting anything personal.

Please post your concerns, prayers, and advice in case AJ logs back in, but limit your posts to that alone.

We appreciate your help

#60 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.