1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sunday Sermon 9/14

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF YOU THINK THINGS ARE BAD NOW

Jeremiah 12:5 If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

If you're weary and fainting in the day of adversity now, how will you make it when REAL problems come?

If you're overwhelmed or discourage living the "good life" in America, what will you do when REAL adversity comes?

1. Weary when seeing the PROSPERITY of the WICKED, Jer. 12:1-4
    A. Wicked are Prosperous and I'm not 12:1
    B. Wicked are Happy and I'm not 12:2
    C. Wicked are Heading for Judgment and I'm not 12:3-4

2. Weary when seeing the PERFORMANCE of other CHRISTIANS, Jer 12:6-11
    A. DESOLATE work, 12:6
    B. DEAD ministries, 12:7
    C. DEJECTED workers, 12:8-9
    D. DESTROYED lives, 12:10-11

3. Weary when seeing the PATIENCE of GOD, Jer 12:12-15
    A. Expecting JUDGMENT of Sinful people, 12:12-14
    B. Expecting RESTORATION of Sinful People, 12:15

Hope even when things look bad. When we've competed with men and then see HORSES coming!

Application:
    Is. 43:2 Tests in the Floods of life
    We "wade" through most - sickness, bereavement, finances, failures, families

I Peter 1:7 Tests in the Fires of Life
    Fire is going to show reality - wood, hay, stubble, gold, silver, precious stones.

Think things are tough now? Just wait. I hear the truck backing up. Coming with a load of manure to dump all over you. Then God will poke and prod and dig, then dung . . and maybe we will begin to grow and mature and be strengthened and bear fruit.