1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You're right, Ed, we didn't. Let's rectify that situation right now.

I agree with this. It's easy to look at how the Pats and Giants played and assume that they'll a) keep playing at their current level next season and b) everybody else will stay at their level next season. Neither one of these things will happen. There are at least 2 teams, the Jaguars and Cowboys, that I think we can look at as legitimate contenders right now. As long as Peyton Manning is the Colts' QB, they'll be a contender. The only constant in the NFL is that things change from season to season.

I don't think either the Pats or the Giants will make it back. Recent history suggests that there is a "Super Bowl Hangover" and I don't think the Patriots will be immune from this. If I were to make my pick for Super XLIII today, the pick would be Dallas and Indianapolis.

Thanks, Ed. :)

2. eightball

eightball New Member

Dead on, Bro!

3. Chessic

Chessic New Member

A proposal for our next debate:

Will we ever see a halftime performer less than 60 years of age?

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Why not just send a marching band out there and get it over with?