1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl Score Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what about the XFL and USFL?

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The what now?
    I watch college football. I pick bad teams to cheer for and then revel in my misery.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not interested in either one of those. It's baseball season now, and heading towards the NHL and NBA playoffs. Football can wait until the end of August/beginning of September come around.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I predict KC will win. Not guessing a score, but I think it will be a close game (maybe KC by 2).

:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're a day late and a point short there, buckaroo. :D

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Biggrin

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you believe 3?

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 or 3.....whatever it takes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2023-2-13_17-28-10.jpeg

[​IMG]

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"Like, we knew what was going on. Every team in the big leagues knew what was going on. But now? No, they're just, they're just really, really good.

This is not to open up a massive can of worms. This kind of thing. But like, Houston was not the only team doing stuff. Like there was a lot of people doing stuff. It was just un- ... I mean, fortunately, but unfortunately only one team essentially got caught doing it or was the guinea pig of it to like clean the whole entire league up.

But there was a lot going on. It was like an arms race, almost like it was like hey, this team's doing this. This team's doing that, this team's cheating here. This team's doing this. Is it happening? Still? No I think that aspect is completely gone of the game I think that's clean." - Chris Bassitt, pitcher with Oakland at the time of this interview.

Continuing in the article:

In addition to noting that every team had at least some idea of what was going on in Houston, Bassitt suggests the Astros had plenty of company when it comes to organized sign-stealing. He doesn't toss out any specifics, but we know a good bit of those from prior actions by the league and reporting from elsewhere. To wit:

• The Red Sox were disciplined by MLB, albeit not as severely as Houston was, for improperly using an Apple Watch to relay the signals of opposing teams during the 2017 season.
      • Robert Murray, then of The Athletic, reported that the Brewers suspected the Dodgers of using a camera to steal their signs during the 2018 NLCS.
      • Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich of The Athletic reported that the Red Sox illegally stole signs during the 2018 season and that, according to multiple sources, the Yankees had been using the replay room to decode signs since 2015 and the Red Sox since 2016.
      • Scott Miller, then of Bleacher Report, reported in 2019 that certain league sources believed the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Blue Jays, and Nationals used electronic sign-stealing measures to varying extents.
      • Jeff Jones of the Belleville News-Democrat tweeted that the Brewers and Rangers (in addition to the Astros) were frequently named by players as practitioners of electronic sign-stealing.
      • Former MLBer Logan Morrison named the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox as team using video to decode signs.
      • SI's Tom Verducci reported that multiple members of the Astros organization told MLB investigators that eight other teams had indulged in similar behavior.
    You get the idea. While MLB and fans of teams other than the Astros would probably like to believe that Houston was the lone (or lone-ish) bad actor, that's a bit too tidy for reality. Bassitt's disclosures lend more evidence to the idea that it was more of a league-wide issue than a Houston issue.

- rest of this article from 2021 at Oakland A's pitcher Chris Bassitt says Astros weren't only team in MLB stealing signs - CBSSports.com

Bolded are copied directly from the article. - KenH

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, yes, the all-American game. But what else should one expect from a foundation of encouraged stealing and unlimited fouls? The excuse, “Everybody does it,” of course. :Wink