1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by travisbaptist12, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

My sentiments exactly, ha, ha. Dynasties can be so annoying, but in any case, Go Pats!

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

lol! I like that prediction, Jack.

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

That's big of you, Jim, being from Pennsylvania and everything.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

New England all the way. The Eagles are the best of a terrible NFC this year. I think just about all the teams in the AFC playoffs could beat the Eagles!

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

That's big of you, Jim, being from Pennsylvania and everything. </font>[/QUOTE]No problem! [​IMG]

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Tim Fox, a former Pats safety (SB XX) was in a TV discussion about the recent Steelers game and felt Cowyer's decision to kick a field goal late in the fourth quarter was a key play, since a touchdown right there could have made it a 7 point game. I tend to agree with him. Cowyer was too cautious. What do you think, Jack, et al?

8. superdave

superdave New Member

IMO, its all up to Philly,

You know that the Pats will come ready to play, they are the veterans here, and they always bring their A game.

Philly could come out and surprise them, I could care less about TO, he's more trouble than he's worth, but its all up to the Eagles, they have something to prove, and they have to prove it.

9. Brownov

Brownov New Member

TO would make a difference if he were healthy, but unless the Eagles get a double digit lead early and keep scoring till the end, they don't have a chance. If it's a close game, NE wins. Thing is, I don't think that the Eagles can blow out the Pats...

S-Dave,
    You know that if the Packers (or Lions) could get TO they would jump at the chance and he would be a huge benefit for either.

10. west

west New Member

I remember when we the Steelers went to the Super Bowl .Rod Woodson was out for a good part of the year leading up to the Super Bowl .And played a little but was not near 100% ,Thats what T.O . will do .

11. west

west New Member

As far as Cowher being to cautious ?I just think the Pat's were just to good .

12. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andy Reid got out his Super Bowl XXXI ring, and has been wearing it for inspiration. It's from when he was an assistant coach at Green Bay in 1997 when they beat guess who :eek: 35-21.

Can't you feel it? It's our year!

13. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I'm sorry, Debby. I'm afraid you're mistaken. The Eagles are going down, ha, ha.

14. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The Eagles just are not good enough. The Pats are the class of the NFL. It is going to be a long evening for the Eagles and their fans. I am saying the Pats will win 31-10 with Corey Dillon winning the MVP.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the experience factor is worth a lot in the Super Bowl. SB history bares that out, but not really to the extent I thought. When a team without Super Bowl experience within the past 3 years plays a team that has been there within that time, the team with experience has won 10 of 16. Also, when the previous SB winner returns the next year, they have won 7 and lost 3.

These factors, coupled with the prospect that T.Owens will not play or will not be full strength if he does, clearly puts this in favor of New England.

16. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

But Philly have a defense. i dont know. i think philly can pull it i really do.

17. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

You're going to be disappointed, J.A.B. I can't believe you're not putting your support behind the Irish quarterback, ha,ha. Tom Brady is the man!

18. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

ya i probly will be disappointed. tom brady has irish in him? i didnt know that. hes pretty cool. i have to say, i like NE, they only have one really cocky player on the team (corey dillon). and belichick is just IT. but i hate to see team dominate every year

19. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

J.A.B.,Now, you wouldn't feel this way about dynasties if your Chiefs were trying to win 3 in four years, am I right, ha, ha? Yeah, Brady is a very common Irish name (His dad is probably of Irish descent). Do you really think Dillon is cocky?

20. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

well your right, if the chiefs were getting ready to win the 3rd in 4 years i wlud be excited all right. but if it was the same teams this year and the eagles had won it 2 in the last 3 years i would pull for the patriots. well i knew brady is an irish name (have a few friends by that name), he probly is. or related to the brady bunch....