1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Star Ticket for GOP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by revmwc, Jun 23, 2015.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Wow a super star ticket for the GOP, Jendal - Carson, what a great ticket.

Conservative and Jendal has the experience as the Governor of Louisiana.

Form Indian (INDIA) descent he is an RC.

Definitely against abortion which is a big plus. Has plans to get rid of Obamacare and find something that will replace it.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Piyush "Bobby" Jindal is my governor. I voted for him twice and don't regret that vote.

Having said that - I must confess now that having watched him these years I don't believe he can handle the Presidency. He won't get the nomination.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Man, how far have we come in the past generation?

A Baptist is framing an argument for a Presidential candidate by noting his Catholicism isn't a bad thing.

Wow. ;)

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Just because he is a catholic doesn't mean we shouldn't vote for him. We know he will ensure no tax dollars are used for abortions. Believe me I know about the catholic religion, but who else do we have that will hold Christian values? Rick Perry might and maybe Ted Cruz, Huckaby has no chance and the best candidate won't run and that is J.C. Watt.

5. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not vote for a Catholic? Most on this board voted for a Mormon last time, a cult that denies the Deity of Jesus Christ. Actually we have a better selection this time. Three I would not vote for are Bush, Krispy Kream Christy, and Trump. Some of the others are pretty decent. Scott Walker impresses me as a leader. Huckabee and Perry do not have a chance. I like Carson, Rubio, Jendal, Cruz and Paul.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am not voting for a pastor; I will be voting for president AND compared to Hillary I like all of them.

7. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not voting for Hillary is a given, but there are third parties. Hopefully the Republicans will nominate a decent candidate which they have not done since Reagan. You are correct, you are not voting for a pastor. Pastors are called by the Lord and He impresses the local congregation that the particular candidate is His choice.

A choice between Bush and Clinton is not a choice. It is evil vs evil. If you will notice, the Supreme Court decision which comes down June 29th on same sex marriage, and is likely to make it legal in fifty states, has the support of over half the Republicans in Congress. Also, take note that what revived the trade bill that President Obama is pushing is being taken through Congress by Mitch McConnell over the opposition of many Democrats and Republicans. You will also notice that the record deficits of the last two years has been approved by a Republican Congress. I am a registered Republican, but only because I have to choose one of the two parties to vote in the primary.

I do not know the politics of South Carolina, but in Kentucky, conservative means having some morality in government.

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a Jindal/Romney ticket for you and Zaac?

:laugh: :laugh:

Jindal isn't going to get the nomination. Neither is Carson.

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Jeb Bush is not my choice for at least three reasons.

1. Three people from the same family smacks of royalty!

2. He supports Common Core. Since the Federal Government got involved in education the system has gone downhill. I have a daughter who teaches and I know that the Feds do nothing but harm.

3. Jeb supports a generalized immigration reform that will be an amnesty for illegals. I support closing the borders and a halt on all immigration until those legal immigrants have been assimilated into the culture.

That being said, I believe Bill and Hillary epitomize evil. I cannot say the same for Jeb Bush.

Furthermore, a vote for a third party is a vote for Clinton!