1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Superbowl question

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by chuck2336, Jan 24, 2008.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I have a quick question for all you sports brainiacs.

If a player is on a team that wins the superbowl but does not play, does he get a ring?

For example Shocky for New York is out, if the Giants win, does he get a ring?

Years ago I remember my dad telling me that the player has to play at least one play in the superbowl to get a ring. How he knew this I dont know, but hey he was my dad and he knew everything

So how about it?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far be it from me to contradict your dad, :tonofbricks: but I think he's wrong. I think they go to guys on the roster and to anyone a team votes to give one to. The owner doesn't play, but he always gets one.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am quite certain every player on the Super Bowl champ gets a ring. Even if they didn't play, they had a part in getting the team prepared for the game. And an injured player who was a vital part of the team during the season helped them get the wins to be where they are.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Would you believe that there's a Wiki entry about Super Bowl rings?

Obviously, players and coaches get them, but I also think players put on IR before the season begins get them too. If the limit is 150, as the Wiki article suggests, then I'd guess that front office people get one too. If the Patriots win, Scott Pioli would deserve a Super Bowl ring just as much as Tom Brady would.

During the MLB playoffs last year, I seem to remember a conversation about World Series rings, and that everybody doesn't get the same kind of ring. The gaudiest rings go to players and coaches, but others get much simpler looking rings. I don't know that for sure, though.