1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Superman Returns

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Gib, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Has anyone seen this movie?

We went on July 4th. I thought it was pretty good. I hope they make another.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The only thing that disturbed me were the veiled, not so veiled allusion to Superman as Jesus - although that has been an ongoing issue with superman from day one of the comic book

3. Nomad

Nomad New Member

I thought SR was a decent movie, not bad but a little disappointing in that they decided to emphasize romance over action. I like romance, but there hasn't been a truly action-packed Superman film yet. Maybe next time. As for the messianic overtones, they were muted enough to ignore and didn't ruin the movie for me.

4. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

I heard it is not so good. Hollywood also purposefully omitted something of significance.

Superman, ....faster than a speeding bullet, can leap tall buildings.....stands for truth, justice, and the American way!

They took out "American Way" and replace it with "and all that stuff". What would John Wayne and the other truly great actors think? They would be:mad: