1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Support the Troops by Ending the War

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran and North Korea have not attacked us. Neither did Iraq.

You and your neocon buddies have a failed policy in Iraq and the rest of the Middle East and you have paid for it at the election polls and shall continue to do so.

And, unfortunately, Bush did not even get the job half done in Afghanistan.

#101 KenH, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be consistent, Ken.

Using the logic that WWII was a war for survival and knowing the danger to our existence today is at least as dire as it was then, we simply must attack those whose ultimate goal is to destroy us today.

You keep going in circles and refuse to face the fallacy of your original argument.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not support the Bush Doctrine of premptive war.

So to be consistent I suppose that you think that we should have gone to war with the Soviet Union in the 1950s or 1960s.

I also do not support the Carpro Doctrine of perpetual war for perpetual peace as there has pretty much always been some group that wants to destroy us since World War II.

#103 KenH, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really hate losing an argument don't you?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Losing? I've been mopping the floor with you.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. That's why you have resorted to name calling and "neocon" slurs and unfounded accusations.:thumbs:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. Everyone who keeps up the news and politics understands now who the neocons are. And those who align themselves with the neocons may not be neocons but they are continuing to enable them.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro,

Are you really calling for a logical Ken?

:laugh:

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I keep up with news. I am well educated and at least moderately intelligent.

I do not have a clue who your favored 'neocons' are - but, you sure do write about them more than you write about much of any thing else . . .

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, he is not losing the argument at all. You keep harping on your pseudo comparison between now and 1940 that we are in a war to keep from being in a war of survival. Pray tell, what does Iraq have to do with the attacks of 9/11? There were no weapons of mass destruction, which we were lead to believe, and even if there were, that does not establish a nexus between 9/11 and Iraq. Before one makes a decision to sacrifice American lives, dont you think, if a person is honest, the evidence should be beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am not going to get into the merits or not of entering WW2 based on lies like this one. I doubt it very much. This is obvious. Our present leadership is inept, incompetent, and dishonest. People with these qualities have no business deciding the fate of 1000s of Americans. Roosevelt and Truman at least gave it an honest shot and suceeded. Once again, imagine Dick Cheney or George Bush leading us through WW2.

It is really quite amusing to watch you argue for perpetual war. If you were that interested in solving the problem, you would advocate putting the troops where the problem is, Afghanastan and the area. Now, Iran being much more of a threat, we are almost (besides nucs) powerless to do anything about it.

Carpro, I have lived through as much history as you. I have voted for Nixon, Reagan, and Bush twice. I am about as conservative as it gets. However, conservative does not mean blindly following those who deserve no respect.

It is beyond me after watching this Bush/Cheney clown show for 6+ years, how you can give them one ounce of credibility. These two do not learn from their mistakes. All I can say is, thanks to whomever for putting term limits in the Constitution.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

As has been re-iterated many times.

saddam:

1. Trained terrorists;
    2. He paid support to the families of suicide bombers;
    3. Used WMD to murder his own civilian population;
    4. Refused to abide by the peace treaty that brought the first war to a cease-fire;
    5. He claimed to be developing WMD;
    6. He had a desire to develop WMD;
    7. And he tried to assasinate a US president.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And that does NOT rise to the level of 3000+ American deaths, especially when the premise is deceit and lies. The interests of the United States come first. Our interest is to eliminate the people that attacked us on 9/11. Reasons 2 to 6 are NO reason for one drop of American blood. 1 and 7 could be debated. So now what do we do? With Afghanastan, with Iran, with North Korea. You know, when Bush declared the evil axis of N Korea, Iran, and Iraq, he picked the exact wrong one to expend American lives on. Keep your politicians in your state. The two presidents from your state have inflicted enough damage on this nation.

#113 saturneptune, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  14. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

And now he's gone and as President Bush would say,"Mission Accomplished":thumbs:

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Our Congress - the ones we elected to represent us - following the requirements of our Constitution collectively approved a joint resolution listing all the reasons why we went to war in Iraq and giving authority to the President to carry it out. That's want he's been doing. Resolution should equal resolve and that's exactly what the nation needs to do. It souldn't mean endless self-defeating agruments that only serve to help the causes we're fighting against.

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I agree. Resolution of the Congress of the USA should include the courage to carry out the mission.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a very good point you guys make, that Congress did vote for the resolution, although now they are scattering like rats trying to explain why their vote was wrong. One thing the resolution did not say was to run the war in an inept and leaderless fashion. Mistake after mistake has cost needless American lives.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why it is great to have someone like Congressman Ron Paul around. He is consistent. He voted against the neocon plan for a global empire from the beginning.

19. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Amazing how Carpro attempts to turn the tables. When he is getting eaten alive in a debate, he diverts the conversation with useless drivel like this.

20. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

No comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.