1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Supporting para church ministries

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Apr 21, 2008.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do you support any para-church ministries? If so, would you share which ones and why?

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Personally, we support these para-church groups in addition to our own church.

Westminster Christian School - where our kids attend school

First Choice Women's Clinic - prolife ministry to women due to unplanned pregancies - counseling, support, adoption, and post-abortion counseling - these folks do an amazing work

Youth for Christ - interdenominational ministry to teens -- high school Bible clubs, after school clubs and juvenile justice centers

Does anyone else support these or other similar organizations?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We currently do not support any para church ministries just because of finances. We tithe to our church and that is all we can do at this time. Although maybe I'm lying. I just sent $20 to a friend's daughter who is doing a "walk" fundraiser for her Christian school and I will certainly support a walker for our local crisis pregnancy center. So I guess I do.

Oh - and DH and I met through Youth for Christ. He worked for Campus Life and was my leader. :D We DID wait until I graduated before we started dating. LOL