1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suppose Christianity isn't true.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Andy_S, May 20, 2011.

?
  1. Fine. It's a fulfiling, wonderful life anyway - even if it was only an illusion!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I would wish that I had spent my life differently

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

that is odd, for my bible tells me have to take up the Cross DAILY, and that being a true disciple of Jesus will cost all...

Apostles gave it all up to follow Jesus, and Jesus promised them will be rewarded in the things that are eternal far more than temporal gave up in the World...

To be honest with you... Don't know if those people that have little to give up or suffer are actually really active disciples of Christ, as they would have something :hard: if they were!

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

If Christianity isn't true, I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Paul never said there was a possibility. All the arguments in the world cannot quinch the faith of one who has experienced God.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is So True!

Discipleship, or following Him has not been a bed of roses, so to speak. But, we were told in the beginning that the road was not only narrow, but, rocky!

My call to the ministry has cost me a marriage; and the joy and privilege of watching two beautiful children grow up. Furthermore, it has cost me at least twelve years of being on the outside looking in. During those years, like the prodigal son, I took my inheritance, and in anger and disappointment with the Father, I went off to live and mingle in the world.

I've always been under attack (by the enemy), and like one prophet once told me while he prayed for me, that I, like Paul, had gone shipwreck numerous times in my search to propagate the Gospel.

The last few years have been a blessing filled with a spiritual calm, as I believe I've finally arrived at my calling, which is writing books, and sharing my life's story with the church and world.

I know that over the years, I've actually been used by God to lead a few thousand people to Him, and along with my new career in writing, I have a spiritual sense of accomplishment for the Kingdom.

Nothing has been easy, but, nothing has been in void, either. I'd surely do some things different, had I the chance, but, who wouldn't? All that I have been through has been, as Paul so eloquently said in Romans 8:28 (the Amplified Bible) "We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose."

I can assure you that ALL that, I've been through, and all I am yet to face, is within His plans. Even my mistakes have been turned to His good. God makes no mistakes. We do, but He is more than capable of fixing the errors of our ways, and put us back on the right path to His Kingdom.

So, I agree with you, that even the sacrifices are now rewarding. I am a much more knowledgeable person in the ways of the world, and that knowledge is easily translated into wisdom that helps those younger than me to get beyond the same temptations (I succumbed to), avoid the same pit falls, and be victorious through it all.

I am confident that the Father can use any piece of pottery that has been broken and remolded into a vessel that glorifies Him in the end!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

5. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

Thank you all for input on this topic, and I apologize if it has been a bit divisive.

Your replies have been worthy ones.