1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Suppose Your Fave Candidate Employed Openly Gay People?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much more to be preferred than your corruption thereof.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While it's not different in God's eyes, it is different because in my scenario the candidate is campaigning against gay rights, like gay marriage.

Anyway, this actually happened. There was a campaign aide in the Santorum campaign that happened to be pro-life and also openly gay. He simply decided not clash with Santorum on his gay rights views and would not be baited into doing it when interviewed.

3. Ed B

Ed B Member

If you goal is to destroy something it is extremely useful to understand how it was put together and how it works.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good answer & JDF, perhaps its not ignorance, but rather blatent disregard.

#24 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  5. General Mung Beans

In the context of to-day's language "queer" also is basically a term used to declare one's hatred for homosexuals, I suppose "sodomite" might be acceptable.

How so? I think homosexual acts and lusts are sin BTW if you were going to say that.

In that case the question is raised, why don't candidates who oppose gay marriage also pushing for banning no-fault divorce which has been responsible for the destruction of far more families than gay marriage ever has or will?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not concerned about the context of to-day's language. rather the most appropriate word to describe a person who disobeys Gods laws & fornicates with the same sex.....using, ....ah OK cant get sexually descriptive. But what they do is NOT normal or part of God's plan to procreate & in my book that is "Queer" & I would tell them that to their collective faces. Your queer & I'm not here to candy-coat those queer actions as normal.... if your looking for another descriptive, then "Abnormal" or "Freak" as in "Freak of Nature" could well apply.

And am I hateful, not at all. What I am is someone who feels sorry for them for not living a well balanced & normal life.

#26 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't answer for the candidates, but I will anyways. Most candidates who oppose gay marriage do not oppose it because it destroys families.

8. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But if he "or them" was always in your face about "I'm gay" and "Gay rights" would you go there??