1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surdiosx

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by preacher, Mar 14, 2006.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

Would anyone have a clue as to what this might be. Trying to help a fella figure out if he needs it or not. Found in XP Pro. He says it's the label of a subdirectory he found & is several hundred Mb in size. Also stated this:Neither regedit or msconfig show anything.
    There are 4342 files in the cache dating from 10/21/05 to 11/11/05.
    There are long stretches of files only minutes apart. The whole thing
    looks like some sort of activity log, but I can't open any of the files to look.
    There doesn't seem to ba any trace of the program that created them however.
    Any ideas? I did a web search with no resuts, & even nothing on Microsofts Knowledgebase.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Maybe if you could give us some detail about the files that were in the folder?? I saw the same nothing that you saw searching for surdiosx.

3. standingfirminChrist

looked through my Windows Xp files and could not find a folder by that name. Are ya sure that is not a separate prog of sorts? Any exe's in it?

4. preacher

preacher New Member

I was just on the site & he's posted nothing else today. A couple of folks think it may be a "tagger"(?) for FXP(again?). If I understood them right it's an attempt at hijacking a port, I would suppose for no good purpose. But now it's got my curiosity going so I'm still hunting too. It may be somthing like on Jerrys puter, a program within a program like spyware or such.
    I'll keep an eye on the posts in case it's something nasty that XP users need to be aware of!!

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FXP, from what I can figure out, stands for foreign exchange protocol; used for transferring currency via TCP (I'm assuming for wire transfers, like to that big bank account in Switzerland, or down in the Caymans).

Can't find any references to surdiosx; the few sites that come up as a blog entry, aren't showing me the conversations.

IF it is some sort of "tagger" for a port hijack, it could be someone is attempting to use the computer as a way to wire money in conjunction with some sort of scam (i.e., they're doing transfers via e-Bay or whatever, and using the hijacked computer to "cover their tracks").

I think it's equally, if not more, possible that it may be the remnants of a program that's not being used any more.

Any chance we could get a copy of one of the files to open with a hex editor or something, and see what's in there?