1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sure Foundation Theological

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by El_Guero, Nov 3, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Statement of Faith looks Charismatic: healing in the atonement, the 9 gifts of 1 Cor. 12 (including tongues, obviously) active today.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

John,

It was strange, I was looking up a Baptist church and up popped this ad for a tuition waver for church planting . . . but, then nothing else about church planting.

Everyone is after money.

God bless

Wayne

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wayne, it may be even worse over here. One of our ladies was just telling me today how the Lutheran church in town has been rebuilt to look like a wedding chapel, and some of the pastors in town are doing "Christian" ceremonies for lost folk just to bring money into the church--or their own pockets! :eek: :rolleyes:

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Now that is scary . . .

They 'advertise' back here in the USA that 'wedding chapels' are for 'evangelism'.

Is 'evangelism' a euphemism for 'greed'?

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell you what, there is big money in those wedding chapels! And I've known some missionaries to go that route. One guy I know even would leave his Sun. morning service to an underling so he could do ceremonies at the wedding chapel. I asked him if he'd ever had anyone get saved and join his church through that "ministry." Nope. :rolleyes:

The evangelism thing? Yeah, right. You essentially have freedom to preach the Gospel, but who is going to listen at a Japanese wedding? They choose the "Christian" ceremony because it looks neat, not because they are interested in Christ. Personally? I don't believe in selling my sermons to a secular Japanese businessman so he can make money off me. And that's the rest of the story. :saint:

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I agree!

100%

Let's preach the Word!