1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surge to Nowhere.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Write me in! I running on a platform of free candy and sunny weather. And I promise not to raise taxes on ocean front property in Arizona.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh huh.

Why does it matter if he's correct or not on those issues?

It won't bring his son back either way.

3. Ivon Denosovich

It matters to me that the people are living in sqalid conditions. Btw, that's what the article is about.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No , it's not.

The article advertises itself to be about the so called "surge". The "surge" was not about electricity and oil.

So what does it matter?

His son is still dead.

5. Ivon Denosovich

carpro, the article attempted to prove that the surge i irrelevant without stable infrastructure and a functioning society. Go back and read the OP's excerpt. This is my last response to you in this thread. If you don't care about the author's opinion, so be it. I do. Take care.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A "stable infrastructure" and a "functioning society" are impossible without some security for the populace. The "surge" was meant to help security. The rest will have to come later.

The author knows that , but he chose to discredit the "surge" by pointing out the very things that were always impossible without security. It's just more dishonesty to discredit the entire war effort in which his son died.

He gave no evidence that the "surge" was not accomplishing what it was designed to accomplish.

#26 carpro, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008