1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surge Works, Less Coverage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The "right side" means, simply, that we're the "good guys" in this war and the other side isn't. We've always been the good guys.

The treaty is the so-called Paris Peace Accords of 1973. It was signed by the DRV, RVN, USA, and the PRG. We and the RVN keep our part of the deal but the DRV and PRG did not. When they didn't we did nothing about it. Shame on us!

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Thank you for answering.

Regards,
    BiR

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The DRV and PRG continued to receive strong military assistance from the Soviet Union while we cut off all aid to S. Vietnam in the face of their invasion, to our everlasting shame.

Our shameful action triggered a bloodbath in that part of the world and damaged our international credibility so severely that we did not recover from it for 20 years.

Liberals are hoping for a repeat.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is what I do not understand, This statement is a "God" statement. Do you know the future as does God? I hear all of these absolute statements posted here on this board.

How many here are disconnected from the biblical facts about God? It is God who raises men and countries into power to do His will for this world. IF we are in Iraq for another hundred years it will be because GOD WANTS US THERE!

We best pray for our President no matter who it is. As far as voting goes we best vote as one who must give an account of who we supported. Was the person one who openly supports the murder of innocent children?

We can only protect our judgment seat of Christ. Our vote may or may not change the country's direction. I could not vote for Hillary nor Obama because of their support of murdering children in the wombs, however, if one of them should become President it is God's will and I will pray for their salvation and for them to find God's will in leading this country righteously.

I am excited to see who it is God will put into office for the next prophetic season!

God Bless! :thumbs:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a political debate board. Some posters hold very strong opinions about some things.

I don't believe anyone is playing God when they state those opinions in a definite fashion.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

So are all the authors with their "how we lost" books even as we keep on winning!

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is my very point. Strong "opinions" spoken as absolute truths.

They are not "playing God" but they are making statements that only God could know. They do it out of ignorance of the scriptures.

Opinions should be spoken with reservation and any opinion that goes against the clear teachings of Christ should be adjusted or abandoned.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

I hear alot of Christians on this board getting very worked up over wars and rumors of wars. And for what? Jesus said they MUST come to pass. To allow oneself to get overly emotional over them to the point of degrading a brother in Christ is unChristlike and going against Jesus' teaching on the matter.

God Bless! :wavey: