1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surprise, Surprise: Obama Visits Afghanistan!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 28, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it too little, to late?

I think so, but, I wonder what you think?

By the way... I heard his speech "live" and couldn't help but sarcastically chuckle when he told the military gathering that as soon as he knew they needed more troops - to get the job done - he quickly responded to make sure that that need was met.

If more than four agonizing months to make that decision is a "quick response" than my initial statement "too little, too late" is just about right on in describing his first visit to what he calls the "necessary war."

Finally, if it takes four months to decide to send 30,000 more troops, and it takes another 15 months for the Commander-in-Chief to visit the war zone (?), than it shows even more clearly that he doesn't care one bit about the war to defeat "terrorists!"

One final Post Script - I could hear in his speech that he badly wanted to find a way to sneak in the health care bill victory. It was evident that he could hardly hold back from "bragging" about the health care bill, but, because the military and their families are covered by health insurance. What a shame...:smilewinkgrin:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type: