1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SWBTS is training Muslim archeologist

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by go2church, May 16, 2014.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.wadeburleson.org/2014/05/southwestern-baptist-islamic.html?m=1

Well, got to say didn't see that one coming.

I guess since Paige Patterson doesn't have a problem with this, other SBCers shouldn't either. So you can't be a "liberal" Christian and attend Southwestern, but you can a non-Christian and attend Southwestern.

Patterson is some piece of work

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SWBTS is training Muslim archeologist

To do what?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SWBTS the favorite school of liberals to hate.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know what an archeologist is? Not sure what your question is.

Oh, heavens, Southwestern isn't the favorite school for liberals to hate, though it is on the list. At the next "liberal" meeting, I'll bring up moving it to the top of the list for you.

Glad when we send CP monies we exclude the seminaries (among others) from receiving any of our money.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Southwestern, the seminary I attended, released a clarifying statement: http://swbts.edu/campus-news/news-r...ons-regarding-muslim-student-at-southwestern/

I have been disappointed with Dr Patterson's leadership of the seminary for some time. This adds to my disappointment.

Seminary is not for evangelizing students but is for training ministers. Dr Patterson, by doing this, has violated the seminary's policies and admission standards. He can rationalize all he wants but he has no grounds for allowing this. But this seems to be Dr Patterson's general approach in leading the institution.

This is about understanding what it is to be a seminary. SWBTS used to be one of leading seminaries in US. That is so far gone it is hard to imagine where it once was.