1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Swine flu deaths among US kids rising CDC says

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think you're misunderstanding what your physician told you. Yes, you can get a cold over and over again, or a flu over and over again. But every time you contract a cold or flu virus, your body develops antibodies against them. Those antibodies stay in your system for your entire life. But viruses also mutate regularly. So yes, you can catch a cold, and then a few months later, catch a cold again. You're not catching the same cold, you're catching a different strain of the same cold. So it goes with the flu virus as well.
    Yes, any vaccine with the egg protien is one you need to avoid.
    The current H1N1a has been adequately tested, and continues to accrue data over time. The preservatives in question have been used in numerous other vaccines and have been likewise adequately tested on their own accord. However, you're correct to say that this vaccine is not safe for you. But that doesn't mean it's not safe for the general public.
    Not sure where you're getting your data. 2008 flu shots were not as well matched as in previous years, but we still reasonably matched to the strains which were out.

#41 Johnv, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, then DonnA is not alone since she "misunderstands" as well.:rolleyes:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you and Donna misunderstood what your doctor told you and a result of this misunderstanding you both came to the same conclusion that so many others have that I have found in my research.:rolleyes:

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess that about sums it up, Rev.:laugh:

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If folks are too ignorant to understand how the science of viruses works, then I don't know what to tell them. Just because there are a lot of ignorant people on the subject doesn't mean the ignorance does not exist.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

the doctors are ignorant, you know it all. yes we know this john.:BangHead:

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Some of what's being claimed on the subject is outright quackery. A physician isn't going to say what some are claiming.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

well, john knows everything, so maybe it's predictable to him, but those scientists who came up with that no good , we guessed vaccine,, not so much.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Give me the name of the hospital in question. I'll call them personally and find out what their actual position is.