1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Switcing Website host

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by shodan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Anybody know what the 'damages' are if you switch website hosts?

I assume everything stays the same for links to the registered domain.
    [mikesnow.org] but what about links to pages that have the webhost in the address? Do they somehow get 'forwarded" or it just gives people a dead end?

[Specifically, searches on google that show links to various articles via the webhost address]

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

What I've found is that you disapear unless you own a URL.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Just looked at your site and most of your links are pointing to the webhost. All of those will become dead links when you move web hosts. My suggestion is to update your site prior to the move and have all your links point to the right place (your domain) and then when you move the transition will be smooth.

4. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks

Thank you, that is what I needed to know before making a decision. I will just sit tight.
    I had thought of moving to a Christian web host plus save a few dollars cause I sure don't need the 'unlimited' stuff on start logic.