1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

System Restore problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by BM, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BM

BM New Member

I have checked and it is on but will not let me restore to any dates.......any ideas on this?

Becky

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying no restore points are listed or are you saying there are restore points but it just won't restore?

There is another option you might try also. As the computer boots tap F8 and F10 alternately. This should bring up a screen asking if you want to go into safe mode and some other options. Sometimes one of the options is to go back to the last known good setup. This option has gotten me out of trouble even when restore points weren't working. Know that you will loose anything you've installed since that point but that is minimal if you get the computer back :thumbs:

The reason I say F8 and F10 some computers use one and others use the other, so this gets it either way :) Normally most of the newer ones I've dealt with it is F10 and older ones are F8.

3. BM

BM New Member

Yes there are restore points it just doesn't work, will try the other option though......Every time I shut my computer down here lately it says some thing about a memory thing so I thought that might have some thing to do with it.................thanks

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would doubt that memory problems would be helped with a restore unless you have installed new hardware/software just prior to the error reports.

If you are running XP you might shut the computer down (power off) for 15 seconds, boot up and as soon as it is up, restart it and do this three times in a row without starting any programs. If that doesn't do anything for it go to start/accessories/system tools/system information and there should be a listing including total physical memory and physical memory available. Be sure the total physical memory number matches how much memory you have installed. If they don't match then you may have some memory failure or something.