1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured T, U, L and I of the Tulip

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Not one single person on this board denies faith.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

No Winman! You think you had freewill. Actually the will of the unregenerate man is not free it is a slave to sin!

Romans 6:20. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Ephesians 2:2, 3
    2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Winman: I would also note that I was referring to believers on this Board in the statement you quoted. The will of the regenerate person is no longer a slave to sin but hopefully a slave to God. Even so they have a measure of free will as you and others on this board show when you refuse to let God be God!.

Romans 6:16, 19
    16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

#122 OldRegular, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

How often I have told Winman the same thing, for years actually. I finally gave up; lost cause I suppose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.