1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taking a Vacation????

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by righteousdude2, Feb 20, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :type: Just a quick note to my friends in Christ. I am taking a much needed vacation to finish my third book, and I will not be actively involved in the BB until next year.

For those who saw me as a person who submitted controversial topics, please accept my most humble apology. It was never my intent to cause pain, or commotion, I just wanted to manifest change in how some people related to topics of others.

I will be checking out the BB from time to time, but, the time and personal effort I spent trying to expose some of the things that I personally viewed as being hypocritical will have to go by the wayside.

A SIDE BAR OF APOLOGIES: In truth, I certainly hope that I never came across hypocritical, because that was not my heart felt intent. Maybe, at times, I did "cry foul" when members were just trying to show me the error of my ways. For those times, and to those folks, I also apologize. Maybe I broke a few BB rules along the way, but, never intentionally, still I apologize to the moderators, and I have learned lessons [about your rules] and will work to not break them again.

For those who thought less of me; don't forget that I posted numerous letters of apologies when I stepped on toes of members. I did this both privately and publically, because it was what I believed Jesus would want me to do! IMHO, there are many on this board who also need to apologize to others too, because that is what Jesus would want them to do. Even if we're right in our stand, if along the way, even if we're correct, we hurt someone else, an apology should always be tendered, IMHO!

So, :wavey: so long for now. I need the personal time to attend to the book that I've been working on for the past year, and my involvement with forums was taking up just TOO much time. I hope to get back to the BB early next year, so until then, I bid you all my best and ask that God bless and prosper each of you beyond your wildest imaginations. It has been an amazing journey [my posts and threads] on the BB. I truly loved this board, and found most of the folks on the board to be genuine in their love for Jesus.

The person I will miss the most, is the same person I got heatedly involved with right after I joined the board. I want to wish BroBob all my best. He is a man of principle who loves the Lord, and this nation, with all his heart. His love of God can clearly be seen in his threads, though often confrontational. My best to you BroBob, as you take on the posts that need some "salt and leaven."

Shalom to all of you, I'll miss you, and keep you and the mission of this board in my prayers.

Pastor Paul :sleeping_2:

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Paul, despite butting heads with you, I wish you all the best.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

RD,
    I've enjoyed our time of study. I will miss this time with all that you've brought to the table. May God bless you with a very successful book.

Mel

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Hey, RD, good luck on that book. I hope that when you do visit this year, you will be sucked into diescussion! :D I look forward to when you can regularly rejoin us.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Righteousdude

We'll miss ya----hurry back---but finish writing the book!!!!

Your friend,
    Blackbird

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Hey Brother

I'll miss your posts!

Hope you change your mind, or at least don't take too long of a vacation.

Love, Joe

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't have the words to thank you enough. I found this at a time I am very down. As you said, I am often confrontational and I pay the price. After our early run in with each other, I came to respect you very much. You stood your ground, even if the majority went against you. I was sitting here thinking if maybe I should also leave BB for a while. I have had disagreements with many lately and has left me drained. I hope to be able to converse with you again in the future. I sure wish you well and success with your book. We probably will never meet in this life, but I shall never forget you. God Bless you always.

BBob,