1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taking God at His Word by Kevin DeYoung - GET IT

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by annsni, May 7, 2014.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm really enjoying this book and I think that it would be a great resource for pastors to give to their congregation on the subject of the study of the Bible. It is very readable and written on a level where you don't need to be a seminary student to get a LOT out of it. I kept interrupting my husband last night reading him sections and we had a great discussion about the Word of God because of it. He even has some material for his message this week!! I always get my books on the Kindle but if it's a good enough book, I get it in hard copy and I'm going to be ordering this one with my next Amazon order!!

Have any of you read it? If not, get it!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1433542404/?tag=baptis04-20

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just downloaded a sample on Kindle.
    This is one of my most profound beliefs, that we should simply take what God says just as He says it ; unless context and/or specific instructions are given to the contrary.
    Sure does make understanding His word a lot simpler.