1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tales from the Temple

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dale kesterson, Aug 27, 2005.

1. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

He is also very clear that he still loves Fundamentalists, just wants to keep others from falling into the unbiblical system used by the extremes.

2. whatever

whatever New Member

Did you miss this from page 1?
    That sounds like remorse to me.

3. David Ekstrom

David Ekstrom New Member

Disregard for authority? "Submission to authority" is the mantra of hyperlegalistic, abusive, ego-inflated little men who need power of other people to make themselves feel important. OK, so I've grossly overstated things, but I just had to get that off my chest. At HAC and at other hyper-fundy churches, little tin-horn dictators always harped on submission. Of course, it only went one way.
    I served as an associate for a number of years to a Hyles disciple. I was to be loyal and obedient to him without question but my senior pastor was free to take advantage of me as much as he wanted. Loyalty only flowed in one direction. And when he was through with you, he spit you out.
    Jesus said that the greatest is the servant of all.
    Now, I know my words need to be qualified. The NT does speak a good deal about submission. But an abusive leader deserves no submission. It is no sin to tell a bully to take a hike. It is a sin for a deacon board to "submit" to a pastor who is out of line. The deacons at FBC Hammond will have much to give account to God for. I'm glad I repented of my "submission" to Hyles' clones.