1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taliban vs. US Marines

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by John of Japan, Dec 1, 2008.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just read the thread in the politics section about Marines in Deadly Ambush by Taliban and it reminded me of a similar battle.

It seems that a Taliban commander sent out two fighters, telling them, "Praise Allah. Our scouts inform us there is a lone Marine over that hill. Bring him back alive." After some shots, one fighter staggers back and says, "Those Marines are tougher than we thought. My partner is dead."

So the commander sent out a squad of ten, saying, "Insh Allah (Allah's will). Bring the Marine back alive. We want a prisoner." After quite a firefight, one Taliban staggers back and says, "Sir, those Marines are really tough. All of my comrades are now martyrs."

The Taliban commander is disgusted. "What, our great fighters can't bring back one lone American?" So he sends 50 out this time. After a long series of shots and grenade explosions, an hour later just one Taliban fighter staggers back and says, "Sir, all of our unit died except me. They are all martyrs and only I am left. Sir, we were lied to, there's not just one Marine over that hill, there are two of 'em!!" [​IMG]

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Hilarious... It was a pair of Marines..... Simper FI those boys. :thumbs:

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! I've read a little war history in my time, and man for man I'd say the US Marines are one of the finest military forces in history, if not the finest! If you read the thread about the real life engagement with 30 Marines standing off 250 Taliban with no losses, I'd say this joke is not so far wrong! :thumbs: