1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tammy Faye and her repentance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tommie, Jul 22, 2007.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way to go gal; I think you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!! :godisgood: :thumbs::praying:

2. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Oh I agree entirely, but the question of how God judges repentance remains an excellent one to consider.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Maybe it would be a good idea to start another thread on it and that way it could be separated for the subject of the Bakers. :)

4. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

While some speak of forgiving Tammy Faye, I am not one of them...why? Because she didn't sin against me. Obviously she offended (I use the term biblically meaning to sin against or cause someone else to sin via influence over a weaker believer and not socially which is how many Christians erroneously use it) many people but I was not one of them so I have nothing to forgive.

Not having anything to forgive I can forgo that part of the discussion and deal with the other part, her repentance. Obviously it is none of my business, she isn't required to repent before me but to God.

Now, did I like the person named Tammy Faye I had come to know on T.V.? No, Christian or no Christian she was not an enjoyable person to me and far from my tastes. Does that mean she was or was not ever saved? Only a preposterous and arrogant personality would inject such personal opinions into attempting to determine if she was repentant or not, never minding of course that without all the facts, facts to which only God is privy, evaluating her repentance is the quintessential in arrogance.

Now, coming back to the issue of forgiveness, suppose she or her husband did steal from me. Well, I might or might not have a hard time forgiving them. Each person has difficulty at times with various people and offenses and forgiveness. The point of the redemption of the believer isn't how many forgivenesses of others you can count up after you are saved, like sources of security and certainty of your spirituality. The fact is you won't always at all places and at all times forgive. But God, on the other hand, through Christ, does forgive at all places and at all times. So you can go to Him and thank Him for forgiving your unforgiveness at all times and in all places. Now that is the blessing.

You might want to consider letting it go on a practical level. Often we want our pound of flesh and want all to see it gained. It doesn't work that way. Judgment day has not come and we can thank God it hasn't or we too we be being instantly judged in front of the world every time we sinned and I doubt anyone of us wants that.

#24 Mr.M, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  5. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Maybe, but the question was posed in the original post and the Bakers do make a rather good case in point.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Welcome to the BB.

And unlike the former 41st President ,George H. W. Bush, I do like broccoli. :) [​IMG]

Ed

#26 EdSutton, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  7. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

We used to hear her on the local radio talk station every now and then. I would also see her out shopping, or getting her hair done. People seemed to leave her alone for the most part. I personally didn't have anything to say to her. I avoid fake people when I can.

Sopranette