1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tammy Faye Messner Has Died

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Martin, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN is reporting that Tammy Faye Messner (Baker) has died.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw a photo of her on the news last month. It was reported that she only weighed 65 pounds at that time. She looked so terrible. I knew she wasn't long for this world.

God rest her soul and God bless those that loved her.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I saw her on LArry King Live last night and she looked terrible. I felt so bad for her. I am sorry for her family too.

4. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

Guys.... She was truly the Happiest Woman in Christianity. I met Tammy once at the PTL grounds in SC in the 1980's... she was 100% for real.

Rest in Peace, Tammy. :tear:

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I as well saw her on Larry King Live thursday night. She looked almost like a skeleton. I knew she didnt have long, but it turns out she was just hours away from passing.

May God be with her family at this time.

Mike

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is something else that she died barely two months after Jerry Falwell . They were such opposite characters but connected to the other anyway . It's a shame that they never reconciled .

She may very well be in the Lord's presence as I type this , however , it is a pity that many worldlings thought that Jim and Tammy were the "faces" of American Christianity .

7. ehaase

ehaase New Member

God bless Tammy Faye, as she is now with her Savior.

She had a children's show on TV in Tidewater Virginia in the late 1960's that I watched as a little boy that I still remember today. Also, I remember her on The Surreal Life a few years ago. Despite the immoral behavior of the rest of the cast, she always maintained her testimony for the Lord. As a Baptist, I disagree with some of her theology, but I still love her.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I saw her on Larry King also and she did look terrible. I thought they should not have put her on the air, but I think she requested it. Still, what a way to go after all the hairdo's and jewelry of her life. You would think she would of wanted the image she had already left, but being on morphine she wanted to be on TV one more time. Not sure if those taking care of her did the right thing or not. That image will stick with me for a while.

#8 Brother Bob, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Tammy Faye was a parody of herself. During the heyday of PTL, she and Jim Bakker swindled a lot of people out of a lot of money. I saw her on Larry King also, and it was sad to see anyone in that condition. I don't know if she was just a weak minded person who was exploited by Bakker, or if she was involved with the PTL swindle as an active participant. I think her life is one of scandal, shame, and exhibitionism. Hopefully she didn't suffer in her death.

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I cannot get over the fact that the whole empire starting coming down twenty years ago. Wow, MP: I am getting old.....

Thoughts and prayers with the family and friends,
    BiR

11. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

MP,

I can personally testify to the fact that she wasn't aware of all the wrong doing. She didn't know what was going on, until it was over. 90% of what is told by the liberal media, about them, is a crock... The Liberal Media in Charlotte, NC was on a witch hunt after the Bakkers. and a defrocked Pastor, of whom himself was also involved in the scandal with Jessica H. Is the one who sold Jim up the river. That's your good ol' A/G Preachers for ya, when they're in trouble, they want to take everyone with them. Seen that locally here. I will also tell you, that Jassica H. was a liar. She was a coke head that would tell people anything for money. She was used by her lawyers. She was no angel, trust me.

Yeah, Tammy did have a drug problem, He doctor would write her anything she wanted. It was a mess.

As far as Jim Bakker goes, he did take the heat for some other people who worked there... that did the scamming. Richard Dortch was one, Taggert Brothers were another...

That's what happens when it stops being about Jesus, and starts being about Money, Stuff and Buildings.... that was Pentecostalism in the 1980's. Happened at a Church I went to in the 1980's, It got big, big, big.... and all at once. It was in pieces and ended up getting quite small.

It was an interesting decade to live in.... to say the least...

Ex-Fundy