1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by kallmekrazykatie, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

I wasnt saying that it was wrong for him to have a tattoo I was just wanting to know yalls opinion about the situation. I personally think its alright for him to have a tattoo and i agree with Abby.

2. woodyR

woodyR New Member

come on, your believing what you want to! the Bible clearly says NOT to print ANY marks on your body! it's as plain as day!

3. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

I never said.."one who has a tattoo isn't Christian"..Chipsgirl.
    And WoodyR is right..the Bible says what is right or wrong...after all it IS God's Word. We can know what he thinks is right or wrong just by reading His Word. And we see here in this verse woody has showed us, how God feels about this subject.

4. kallmekrazykatie

kallmekrazykatie New Member

All of the Bible is inspired, all of it is God's Word, and all of it is profitable.
    Yes, a lot of the old Testement was Jewish law, and while I know and believe we are not under the law, I believe there are many things in the old Testement we can apply to our lives.
    Well the Jews were also not allowed to wear clothing that had two different fabrics. Should we obey that too since it is in the Bible?

5. woodyR

woodyR New Member

good point! hmmm. than is it realy "wrong"? i guess when Jesus died the law was over. so i guess i wouldnt get one because it probably wouldnt be a good testimony

6. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

Ok here we go. If God convicts me of something I will not do it. But I think you are being way to Legalistic. Christ died for all. If you have a tattoo he loves you just the same. And as far as the ear piercing I have two in each ear. I want to get a third one in each ear see nothing wrong with any of it.
    And I got that about the pagans out of the bible it was a footnote.
    Kristen

7. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

I agree...Christ did die for all..and..He loves all..no matter how many peircings or tatoos.
    Usually if you have to question if something is sin or not..then it probably is. Besides wouldnt you rather not get one and know 100% sure that you arnt disobeying God...then to get one and only hope that its ok with God.
    The Bible says that we should be a pecular people..and seperated, not conformed to this world. That says to me that..in every area (ie. dress, music, the way we talk, AND how we look.)
    I feel that I have said all that I need to say expet one last thing. Before any of you go out and make a major decision like this...PRAY about it. If you have to dought whether its right with God then DONT do it. You dont want to make a mistake you could have to live with for the rest of your life.

8. kallmekrazykatie

kallmekrazykatie New Member

The Bible says we are to "rightly divide the word of truth". When you use the verse that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, you are taking it out of context. The context is fornication and sexual sins.

9. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

The Bible says that we should be a pecular people..and seperated, not conformed to this world. That says to me that..in every area (ie. dress, music, the way we talk, AND how we look.)

How are we supposed to look? What music are we supposed to listen to? How are we supposed to talk? How are we supposed to dress?

10. Guitar25

Guitar25 New Member

I personally believe that its all a matter of opinion in the end of it all. I don't see anything wrong with tattoo's if there not immoral. Like if someone has a tattoo of another God or something like hurtful words or obscene images or something like that, then i dissagree but if they have a tattoo of something that isn't a big deal like a word or a chiniese symbol (Like i see alot nowadays) or even like an object or a cross, i dont see n e problems with it.

All in all, I'm saying that tattoo's are fine as long as there not being done or used for immoral purposes.

11. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

12. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

Would Jesus of the Bible get a tatoo?

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

No, and he wouldn't surf the internet either. [​IMG]

14. woodyR

woodyR New Member

comsidering piercings when abraham sent his servant to get a wife for Isaac one of the gifts he sent was an earring

15. Grace

Grace New Member

Just one? I'd have rethought that deal. Unless the other one came when I agreed to be Isaac's wife.
    LOL. Just trying to lighten up a little.

16. woodyR

woodyR New Member

17. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That verse refers to ANYthing that defiles our bodies... ;)

18. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

What's funny is that Christ will have a tatoo during his second coming!

19. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

20. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

Yup. On his thigh: Rev. 19:16