1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TAXI

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Mar 10, 2005.

?
  1. Usual transporation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Often

28.9%
  3. seldom

21.1%
  4. only special eg airport

2.6%
  5. only emergancy eg going to hosiptal

42.1%
  6. Never

5.3%
  7. I am a taxi driver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    lETS TALK TAXI

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I really don't think I've ever ridden in a TAXI but I have taken a shuttle to the airport a number of times or a limo into the city (when we lived in Ct.)

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sorry, I couldn't answer, we don't have taxi's, but I have riden in them many times when we lived in Chicago, but it's been more then 25 years.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

We have several taxi outfits in town. I don't think I would ever use the taxi service here. You don't know where that backseat has been.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

No taxi services in our town of 2200.

6. Pete

Pete New Member

Q1: I'm a cabbie [​IMG]

Q2: Year or two ago I got a lift when my car was off the road......didn't enjoy it ;)

Q3: Voted International, but correct answer should be "EVERY WEEK!" :D

Q4: [​IMG] Wellllllll.....I don't remember forcing Salty to make the poll, but then again after a shift anything is possible :D

Diane, how dare you mention shuttles/limos in a taxi thread :eek: You just guaranteed you'ld never get a taxi now even if you did want one :D

Gib, if I told anyone stories of where any taxi back seat has been they would not even use the same ROADS afterwards :D

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I want to know is why it is that every time I phone for a Cab, they send a Ford Falcon?

How about a Holden Commodore or a Mitsubishi Magna for a change? [​IMG]

8. Pete

Pete New Member

Ben, most of the Newcastle fleet are Falcons. I'm a Holden man myself, but have to admit the Foulcans seem to handle the stress of the cab game a bit better than the Commodores.....But my 21 year old Commodore would beat them all [​IMG]

We had 3 Magnas in the fleet a few years ago (out of 158 cars). I drove 2 of them, I thought they were a great little car.....Still not up to the standard of my car though [​IMG]

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What colour are the cabs in NSW Pete? In Adelaide they all have to be white, except for the elite cabs which have to be silver. Yet when I was in Melbourne they were all yellow!

10. Pete

Pete New Member

Until recently we had the rainbow in NSW mate [​IMG] Each fleet had it's company colours. Newcastle cabs were white with "Ford Monza Red" bonnets and boots.

State government recently changed it though so every new NSW cab has to be white....BORING! :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG] Older cars can remain in fleet colours until they retire. The cab I currently drive is still a "red & white" [​IMG] I'ld rather the cars kept company colours myself...Makes it easier to spot a foreign cab sneaking around in our transport district.

11. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Brisbane which is the forefront of the intelligentsia of Australia has Yellow Cabs which are bright orange (go figger).

Cabbies are amazing. some are so foreign, their feet are still wet. Some are in between real jobs (?????) and have fascinating histories or are credible liars. They ALL have opinions on everything.

Brissie cabs are very CLEAN as a rule.

12. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Taxi drivers rock. [​IMG]
    They make great story characters. I wrote a satire recently in which occupation roles were treated in reverse . . . cab drivers were hot celebs with lots of fame and fortune. :D

13. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you have to get a permit to work the airport?

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't taken a taxi since the year of the assault on the 'Branch Davidians' compound (1993?), which happened during those same days that I got to Little Rock, AR, by Amtrak at 1 a.m., after the train sat idle on the tracks for 2 hours for repairs. That trip reaffirmed to me that planes and rental cars are better, in spite of the hassles they can be.

15. Pete

Pete New Member

AMEN!!! [​IMG] :D

You can't get another job if you have been in the cab game for more than a couple of years. You develop such a bad attitude that no one else would have you [​IMG] They can keep their real jobs, I'll keep driving through the Twilight Zone [​IMG]

Cabbies aren't liars...exaggeraters now and then maybe... [​IMG] :D

AMEN!!! [​IMG] :D

....And I just ran out of Graemlins...DOH!

Understandable...most cabbies are figments of imagination... *wink*

Hey, so what's the reverse part? *GRIN*

No mate, just need to have an even smaller brain than the rest of the fleet to be an airport chaser...

Some of the boys keep going back to the airport here, I pass on it, too easy to get stung there. If I get a job there or see no cabs there I have a look, apart from that I avoid the place.

16. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

When I was young, my family did not own a car, so we took taxis everyplace that we couldn't walk.

I even took a cab to the hospital with my second child. The cab driver was amazed to pick me up two days later and drop me off at the grocery store. [​IMG]

I took my first cab a month or so ago, for the first time in 30 years. The driver AND the car were neat and clean. [​IMG]

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know that Pete was on TDY under the ITDEP* to Lincoln, Ill

Salty

* ITDEP = International Taxi Drivers Exchange Program

18. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't think you OR Pete, either one, would enjoy driving around our little town.

There's not enough room to 'zoom'. [​IMG]

19. Pete

Pete New Member

Salty: "International Taxi Drivers Exchange Program" [​IMG] :D

It would be possible though..."Where to? ..... Yeah, the weather has been good/bad today ..... that'll be $**.** thanks ....ARGH! Little ratbags ran off...."

The game is the same where-ever you play it :eek: [​IMG]

Sue, hey, a good cabbie can easily make room to zoom :D

20. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Nice. Good stuff. This is my favorite thread. LOL [​IMG]

Just kidding, but it's rather amusing. [​IMG]

Pete, you may have run out of graemlins in that one post, but just remember . .. a taxi driver never truly runs out of graemlins. [​IMG] It's the blessing bestowed on them. LOL I don't know what I'm talking about. . .