1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teaching our children

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

At the LifeLight festival Labor Day weekend, one speaker, a famous skateboarder, asked how many knew the Ten Commandments. Another band noted the need for parents to mentor their children. A big part of that should be teaching them the basics about God's word.

Here is a poem that makes it easy to teach kids the Ten Commandments. Share it with others.

http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/teaching-children-the-ten-commandments/

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Excellent poem and memory aide.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I am homeschooling our younger boys. For the Bible lessons we are getting really basic. We are memorizing the books of the Bible. We are also memorizing Jude. My 13 and 8 year olds already know how to identify key words and answer the key who/what/etc questions from the passage. Next up, how to define those key words. Basically, I have been teaching them the inductive Bible study method.

4. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter