1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teaching What You Know For Sure, As Opposed To Teaching What You Don't

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I do not often times teach things that I do not know for sure. I may tell the different views that many have, but I don't say for sure. How do you feel about that? Most on here believe in eternal security and some do not. I lean more toward conditional security (faith not works), but I admit that I could be wrong. My church teaches the Lord will come back before the tribulation period and I hope that is the case, but it may not be. There are some things that we know without a shadow of a doubt. We know Christ is God's Son, was birthed into this world through the Virgin Mary, shed his blood on the cross and died and rose again for the sins of mankind. We know whosoever believeth in him will not perish but have everlasting life. There are things we know for sure that we can stand on! There are other things that people belive to be 100% true, but there is a possibility they are incorrect. What do you think? :)

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rather than teach, one who doubts his church's beliefs needs to be taught them.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

While I am pre-trib, and teach it in my ministry, I'm not going to be dogmatic about it. Actually I have about a 75% commitment to this doctrine. So, do I need to be taught or is it that I'm not as convinced as those who originally taught me this doctrine in my home church. They were 125% committed. In fact, in 1983 my discipleship training teacher told me and some other highschoolers that we would never graduate from high school. The rapture would occur before then. Wow, that was 25 years ago.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I have never taught anything I didn't know

First----if I don't know it---then I can't teach it------but if I want to teach it---I must first learn it and then after I learn it---I can teach it

I have never gone to the pulpit not completely sure-----every trip I make to the pulpit or in the class room---I am completely sure and confident that I am 100% correct------Bragging??? No---just confident

Makes sense??

Blackbird

#4 blackbird, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  5. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I would not agree with this statement. I would say that I am only being honest in saying that there is a possibility that many things we believe are incorrect. However, we know many things in the faith to be 125% true. There are no reasons to doubt them.