1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teams you detest

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jun 25, 2005.

1. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh Okay. Thank you. I think I have also heard the university of Reno called the wolfpack

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

College FB: UT Vols (arrogant and I detest the color orange)

NFL: Tennessee Titans (when they are not on the sidelines from turf toe half of the guys are on the ten o clock news for a DUI or beating their wives.) I also hate the Packers...if I went into why I can't stand them I would have to repent.

NBA: Hmmm....all of them!!!

NHL: The Devils....they play too dirty

3. OCC

OCC Guest

Seein as I'm a Detroit Tigers fan...I hate the White Sox and the Yankees.

In the NFL, I hate the Falcons and the Cowboys and especially the Patriots.

In the NHL, I hate the Devils, Penguins, Maple Leafs and the owners.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You forgot Colorado in the NHL. You can't be a good Red Wings fan with out a seething hatred for the Aves.

5. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

You know your team is definitely a dynasty when someone hates it! Go Pats!!!

6. robertkyxiota

robertkyxiota New Member

Actually it almost seems like in Dallas, the media is ripping the Cowboys more than they are sucking up to them.

Anyway, teams I don't like.

NFL:
    Eagles - Probobly more of certain players that don't stop whining about stuff.

Cardinals - I just wish they would actually spend money on the team sometimes.

NCAA Football:
    Notre Dame - Its actually kind of bad, I'm a fan of the Irish, but I detest them at the same time.

NBA:
    Lakers - See above Eagles.

MLB:
    Yankees - I just think its funny that their Luxury Tax is more than some team's entire team salary... they are just too greedy and need to think about building and not signing a bunch of people who are good at the time... becuase as we're seeing in 2-3 years they aren't so good anymore.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL you are right. I totally forgot about them. Maybe I am just apathetic to them...they mean nothing. lol

8. OCC

OCC Guest

You know your team is definitely a dynasty when someone hates it! Go Pats!!! </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] No Pats Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! (my best darth vader)

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Darth Vader was a nice touch!

10. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I detest...

NBA: all of 'em.

MLB: all of 'em.

NFL: all of 'em.

NCAA sports: anybody who beats Alabama [​IMG] -- which means I detest lots of them!

NASCAR teams: still am not convinced that driving a race car is a sport

11. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL dh.

Yeah I think driving a race car is a sport. There is athletic ability and those guys are wiped out when they are done. They are professionals at what they do. It is hard to learn. Yeah, I think it's a sport.

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

It may be a sport, but watching cars drive in circles all day is one of the most boring things you can do.

And people make fun of me for liking golf so much!

13. OCC

OCC Guest

Yeah it is rather boring. I like the first few and last few laps and skip the middle of the race. haha

That's cool that you like golf. I'd love to learn someday but I hate watching it on tv.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

First of all, to the one who hates the Vols....grow up [​IMG] You'd better have a better reason than fashion if you're going to hate the Vols. And a few Titans have had run-ins with the law. out of 60 men, 3 or 4 hardly constitute an epidemic. The Ravens require that as a team minimum [​IMG]

Okay, my hated teams:

NCAA football: Alabama, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, almost any school in the state of Florida, any team Steve Spurrier coaches (Nothing but thugs with no rules; refuses to discipline unruly players

NCAA basketball: Kentucky fans can be pretty ignorant and arrogant, but oh well.

NCAA women's hoops: UConn. Johnny-come-latelys. Geno is a punk.

MLB: Atlanta Braves. Chokers. They are the Buffalo Bills of baseball. They're a worse "Rent-a-team" than the Yankees.

NFL: San Francisco 49ers; Baltimore Ravens

NHL: Red Wings; Blue Jackets (Just because of their STUPID name)

NBA: Everyone. I don't recognize the game anymore

MLS: Who cares?

WNBA: See above.

NASCAR: Rusty Wallace, Tony Stewart, Jimmy Spencer

PGA: Colin Montgomerie, Retief Goosen (not sure why), Vijay Singh, and Tiger when he explodes into profanity.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You hate Michigan? Well when you are the winingest team in college football a lot of people will hate you! :D

Oh yeah, and our stadium is still bigger than yours. ;)

Go Blue!!

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow Tom, I just noticed that you don't like the Red Wings, or Tiger Woods. You are definatly my mortal enemy! ;)

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I used to hate watching it until I started playing it.

I am a missionary on deputation, and I had a pastor friend of mine take me out last June. I had maybe 4 good shots, thats it, but that is all it took. I was hooked for life. Golf is the one true hobby I have. I just love the game.

The other day I shot a 93, which isn't great, but if you have only been playing for one and a half seasons, it is not too bad. My game is deffinetly improving and I am gaining a lot of confidence with my swing.
    Perhaps if I am ever in your area I can take you to a course.

18. OCC

OCC Guest

Sounds like a plan to me 4Hisglory. [​IMG]
    I would love to learn how to play someday.

LOL Tom...I cheered for Tenn. when Peyton Manning played there. They could use new uniforms though. [​IMG] I hate Kentucky for personal reasons. :mad: [​IMG]

19. jet11

jet11 Member

That is laughable coming from a fan of a team coached by Phil Fulmer.