1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ted Turner Not Sure Which Side He's On

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 15, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219518,00.html#

Ted Turner Not Sure About War on Terror

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

By Brit Hume

Be Neutral

CNN founder Ted Turner has objected to displays of the American flag by journalists — saying they should have a more neutral posture. And now Turner says that he was not sure which side he was on in the War on Terror following the 9/11 terror attacks. Turner spoke to the National Press Club in Washington yesterday, and referred to a quote by President Bush in February of 2002:

"Our president said it very clearly. He said 'either you're with us, or you're against us.' And I had a problem with that because I really hadn't made my mind up yet." Turner did not say whether he has since made up his mind about which side he's on.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

I will have to agree with President Bush on this, "If your not with us your against us," And Ted has not been with us in a long time.

What can you think of a man who makes Jane Fonda look like a member of the religious right?

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So, anyone against the war is also against the United States? Is that what you are saying?

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Meaning the overall War on Terror, then yes, anyone who is not in favor of us going after terrorists is against the United States.

Now, as for the fighting in Iraq, to which I'm pretty sure you are referring, well, that is a separate issue.

Ted Turner is a fruit cake and I really don't see why anyone would even care what his view on anything is.

In February 2002, he said the terrorists on 9/11 were brave men.

He also gave the following reason for the attack:
    Talk about trying to justify the unjustifiable.

The man is a commie, left-wing loon.

Quote above taken from: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/2/13/74521.shtml

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I don't know how Ted Turner can be viewed as a communist; he is one of the richest capitalists in the world! Now as far as him being nutty, I agree.

6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

All commies are capitalists. It's just that they want to be the only capitalists and force the rest of us to share everything equally.

Like most multi-millionaire, or in this case billionaire, celebrities, they want the government to take more of our money to give to the needy, yet all the while they sit up there drinking champagne in their $20 million estate mansions.

If Teddy, and all the other loons, truly wanted to help poor people, he would sell off each and every thing of worth he owns and give the money to the poor. There is no reason he can't live a normal life like the rest of us. He could save thousands upon thousands of people from poverty and still live a comfortable life, if he so chose.

So, yes, I believe he is a commie, in line with the likes of Alec Baldwin, Barbra Streisand, Susan Sarandon, and so forth.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately his attitudes accurately reflect those of many liberals in America.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Also, many of these rich communist types, they really don't get it that if they go their way (sharing the wealth), then we would all live in poverty. They think we would all be rich like them, if only those mean ol' conservatives would share a little bit. My wife's family is full of them.

9. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

That shows that the real issue is our sinfulness, not labels we apply to them, such as "communist" or "capitalist". They are two sides of the same coin. It all starts with "ME", and what I want. The difference is which means I use to get it: either pretend to share wealth with the masses, yet do it through an oppressive state; or pretend to share "freedom" with the masses, yet turn "private corporations" into mini states that oppress by building themselves up through prices and cheap quality, buying out everyone else, etc.