1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teen Lightning

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by fundamentalfire, Feb 1, 2006.

1. fundamentalfire

fundamentalfire New Member

Hello everyone. My church is putting on a teen conference called teen lightning. We get a special speaker in to preach at them. It is a great conference. I am the leader of on of the teams and am looking for a good name for my team. Our theme is "Launching Forward For God" it is a space future theme and I am having a hard time comming up with a good name. I would like the name to have a Bible verse that fits good with the name. If anyone has any creative ideas it sure would help me out.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

"Beam me up Lord.Now would be a good time".I Thess 4:13-17

3. standingfirminChrist

T.O.P.
    Teens On Patrol

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a great bible verse to go with your teen "launch forward for God" theme.

2 Chronicle 36:23

This is when Cyrus the king lets the Jews go home to rebuild the Temple.

The very last verse in the book of 2 Chronicles says this:

(Cyrus speaking) KJV..."All the kingdoms of earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up."

You can read other translations of this same passage as I did. I read several.

Here a good paraphrase from one popular edition.

"All who belong to God's people are urged to return and may your God be with you and go forward!"

What better verse for a "space theme"?

"...may your God be with you and go forward!!" 2 Chronicles 36:23(b)