1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tell me something God did not do or allow.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Apr 4, 2006.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

So then, you are now arguing that God allows sin in order for your Calvinist model to stand. Good grief.
    :(
    </font>[/QUOTE]How did you get from the obvious fact that God allowed sin to accusing someone of claiming that it is so in order for Calvinism to be true?

Are you actually going to say that God didn't know what would happen in the garden of eden? That God had no clue whatsoever and thwacked His proverbial head and said to Himself, "Gosh, maybe I shouldn't have let satan into the garden." You actually think sin is the result of God's incompetence? It's a mistake He made and caught Him entirely by surprise?

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

So then, you are now arguing that God allows sin in order for your Calvinist model to stand. Good grief.
    :(
    </font>[/QUOTE]How did you get from the obvious fact that God allowed sin to accusing someone of claiming that it is so in order for Calvinism to be true?

Are you actually going to say that God didn't know what would happen in the garden of eden? That God had no clue whatsoever and thwacked His proverbial head and said to Himself, "Gosh, maybe I shouldn't have let satan into the garden." You actually think sin is the result of God's incompetence? It's a mistake He made and caught Him entirely by surprise?
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, I said that God does not allow sin. And guess what? He still doesn't.

If you don't believe me, ask Him when you get to heaven if it's O.K. for you to sin and see if He allows it. (sigh)

And BTW, if He allows sin, then exactly why is it sin?

Hint: He doesn't allow sin. He allows our free will. We sin against His will.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

God wasn't surprised but was saddened by the state of the world before the flood.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
    Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
    Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

This makes me believe that things could have been different if men had made different choices and had been faithful to God.