1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Havensdad, Oct 8, 2013.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a word, no. I would not return to your site due to look, content and attitude - I would not save anything because I do most of my own goodies. You like it, go with it but don't argue with everyone that comments on the site you asked opinions for. Just an opinion :)

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I am only posting to say that I don't need to say anything. I agree with you.

Saying something to the hard hearted Galatians for shock value, is no different than saying something to the hard hearted baby murders for shock value.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

For what? My response was not very nice. I only answered because you asked for criticism.

No, it doesn't. You can't force humor. Funny people don't ACT funny, they ARE funny, just as a good singer can really sing. You can't fake it.

Watch this guy, he is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVi0noRr-o

I couldn't do this, and neither can you.

Well, you ever watch a show like the X Factor when a really bad singer gets up there? His family thinks he can sing, but he can't. Some folks are just real nice.

When you preach, you have to be very careful with humor. Religion is serious business, you can't joke much.

I agree, Arminianism is error, but Calvinism is much more serious error. Neither are what the Bible really says.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

If you really believe that about Jesus, you've no business representing Him online. Yes. Really.

And what is "post-modern" about being low-key, friendly, and reachable?

#64 thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
  5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I agree with others about those tee-shirts, folks are going to think you are the next Westboro Baptist.

And Galatians 5:12 is not saying Paul desired those persons to be emasculated, he is saying he wants them put out of the church, excommunicated.

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

If you think calling abortion murder makes you like "Westboro Baptists", then I really have no respect for your opinion anyway.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am just as much against abortion as you are, but all we can do as Christians is try to elect leaders who will try to repeal the current laws, and try our best to convince others to vote for good politicians. There have actually been many laws passed that have restricted abortion.

But going around warning Muslims that you carry a gun is not going to help. That is just going to give ammo to folks who call Christians fanatics.

Now I know why you do not come across funny, because you really are not funny at all. And those shirts are certainly not going to make people laugh, at least not sensible people, fellow fanatics maybe.

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Technically I didn't. I asked for criticism for a T-shirt and Media start-up. Not about my videos on youtube. I realize I have a link there, but I thought I was pretty specific. I understand you don't like my theology, you don't like me, and you want to be mean. It doesn't bother me.

You don't know me. I am a idiot all the time. No faking.

I wouldn't want to. I don't think it is at all funny.

Yeah, people might be nice. Maybe I stink. I really don't care.

What I DO know, though, is that my pastor friends preach a sermon on homosexuality (or me, for that matter), and put it on youtube, or some other media outlet, and it takes a year to get 50 people to watch it. I put a silly video online, and I get 500-1000 people in just a few weeks. I also get people writing me, and asking me to do some more, which doesn't happen nearly as often when I preach.

So if it is "bad" humor, fine....I really don't care. But the message is getting out to a lot of people that wouldn't hear it otherwise. That is what I care about.

Yeah because Satan invented laughter... :rolleyes:

That evil laughter stuff....

You are an Arminian. Just because you have a piously assert that you "are not" this or that, doesn't change who you are.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling abortion murder is like saying Hitler killed some people. It fails to go far enough. Abortion is the slaughter of unborn children. It rips the body limb from limb in the most gruesome manner and is the gennocide of our day.

This cannot be posted enough on T-shirts, websites, newspapers etc. It could never be enough until it is abolished.

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The difference between you and me: I don't think that will help AT ALL. It is a HORRIBLE strategy.

Only changed hearts and minds, by the power of the Gospel, DEMANDING that politicians change things will affect any real change. Elections are meaningless, until the hearts of the people are won.

I am certainly not going to take your advice on humor. You have no sense of humor.

No, they will make people talk. Which is exactly the point.

12. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Amen and Amen!

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are wrong, I like you very much. Just because I completely disagree with your religious views does not mean I hate you. I am sure you are a wonderful and loving father, your daughter was adorable. I love kids myself, I have 8 kids, six of them girls!

It is because I like you and care about you that I tell you Calvinism is very serious error. I don't just say it, I always show scripture to support this view. You know that is true.

You try too hard.

Well, that guy got 7 million views in just two weeks. The Today Show interviewed him. Millions of folks think he is VERY funny. He wasn't even seeking the attention, he made the video as a spoof.

Well, you can't tell a bad joke and then warn folks you have a Smith and Wesson in your back pocket. Doesn't work.

Best point you have made. Folks do not like serious subjects. Nothing wrong with a little humor. Warning folks you are armed and dangerous is not funny though.

It's not funny because you are not really funny BEHIND IT. That is the difference between you and BatDad, that guy was just being silly, he's not trying to scare people.

Dude, I joke constantly, it is one of my biggest problems. I ruin my testimony because I joke around all the time. I love humor. But religion is serious stuff, you have to be very careful and very light with humor if you want folks to take you seriously. I know.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

How about advocating the murder of someone who disagrees with you? One of those shirts does exactly that. The abortion is murder theme is OK. The rest of those shirts have an attitude problem.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so?..............