1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ten Commandment Day - Ok?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Mar 13, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Whuh-Huh!! I think I am about to agree with Pinoybaptist!! I could have sworn we were on the opposite sides of the fence.

Well ok so be it -- I agree!

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why is it that every time God's own Ten Commandments come up the subject always turns to "Why I reject Christ the Creator's memorial of Creation - and why you should too!"??

3. wopik

wopik New Member

JAMES 5 [7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, UNTIL HE RECEIVE THE EARLY AND LATTER RAIN.[8] Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Be patient? The coming of the Lord? Until you receive the early and latter rain? What’s that mean and what must you do to receive these rains? Anything to do with which “mark” you accept?

DEUT.11 [13] And it shall come to pass, IF YE SHALL HEARKEN DILIGENTLY UNTO MY COMMANDMENTS which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,[14] That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, THE FIRST RAIN AND THE LATTER RAIN, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. [18] Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for A SIGN UPON YOUR HAND, THAT THEY MAY BE AS FRONTLETS BETWEEN YOUR EYES.[19] And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.[20] And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:[21] That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD swore unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.[22] For if you shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

Above scripture says in order to receive the early and latter rain, you must diligently keep the 10 commandments. Deut.11 goes on to say they will be for a sign on your hand and forehead (frontlets between your eyes). Verse 21 is speaking of the 1000 yr period of rest (the Kingdom of God) which the Lord swore to the fathers to give them. Hmmm…Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever.

REV.22 [4] And they shall see his face; and HIS NAME SHALL BE IN THEIR FOREHEADS.[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[14] BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through gates of the city.

Says the same thing in last chapter of Revelations. HIS name in their foreheads. They who keep the Ten Commandments of God will enter the gates of the land promised to the fathers for the 1000 yr. period of rest.

great quote from UUall