1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ten Reasons to Revel in Being Chosen

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Feb 27, 2017.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not yet, But I love watching James White debate. I will watch it right now, thanks. =)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting debate. What is noteworthy is the emphasis White puts on Scripture and the emphasis Horn places on tradition within the Roman church. I have never met a Roman catholic who will agree with Sola Scriptura.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

lol you didn't watch it. They both threw scripture.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

James White gives proper info on how accurately evaluate a debate.:Laugh

5. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, you didn't watch it because one used scripture to confirm tradition while the other let scripture confirm itself.

How does it feel to be a Roman Catholic who honors tradition over the scriptures, utilyan?

• Like Like x 1
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

I watched the debate, it was about whether a Christian can lose salvation or not.

I don't mind tradition #1 is the canon of scripture. You don't have a bible because you don't have a list of what books comprise the bible.

King James is Anglican put together by Anglican priests. Too lazy to put your own list together.

7. Tim71

Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE="utilyan, post: 2297561 You don't have a bible because you don't have a list of what books comprise the bible.

King James is Anglican put together by Anglican priests. Too lazy to put your own list together.[/QUOTE]

Can the King James Bible lead a man to salvation?

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you are Roman Catholic and post on a Baptist board. Good to know.
    Tradition #1 is a funny term regarding the Bible. I expect this from someone who holds to papal authority.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can the King James Bible lead a man to salvation?[/QUOTE]
    Yes it can, but the Gospel of Rome cannot!

• Like Like x 1
  10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Can the King James Bible lead a man to salvation?[/QUOTE]

God is the end all be all. God is Love and lead one through anything.

Bible is a good thing, A TOOL. But just like a Car you can wheel it right off a cliff.

Today you got what? 31,102 verses in the bible? maybe have one church for every verse they understood differently?

2 peter 3
    16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

You couldn't hand me a Chinese bible and expect me to learn Christianity. Its never a bible alone. Guidance is required. You have to learn the language and meaning.

Today I can cite scripture and someone will swear the truth is the exact opposite.

James 2

24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

A person will swear: A man is justified by FAITH ALONE and not by works.

Is it beyond reason that a person will read that bible verse and just conclude exactly what it says?

That "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. "

And some how this person is unreasonable.

11. utilyan

Site Supporter

Here is straight from James White own mouth: 2:04:38

Jesus, The Apostles, The Hearers of or Lord and neither immediate successors followed Sola Scriptura. Bonus he tells you he has no infallible certainty of canon of scripture.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church of Rome did NOT create the bible...
    Jesus stated that the word of God is eternal, never fails, paul stated that ALL scripture is inspired by God, and those books were canon material by end of first century!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is the end all be all. God is Love and lead one through anything.

Bible is a good thing, A TOOL. But just like a Car you can wheel it right off a cliff.

Today you got what? 31,102 verses in the bible? maybe have one church for every verse they understood differently?

2 peter 3
    16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

You couldn't hand me a Chinese bible and expect me to learn Christianity. Its never a bible alone. Guidance is required. You have to learn the language and meaning.

Today I can cite scripture and someone will swear the truth is the exact opposite.

James 2

24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

A person will swear: A man is justified by FAITH ALONE and not by works.

Is it beyond reason that a person will read that bible verse and just conclude exactly what it says?

That "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. "

And some how this person is unreasonable.[/QUOTE]
    James agrees with John Calvin on this, as both assert that real salvation is shown and evidenced by real good works that accompany salvation!

14. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I tell you what; let's go and ask Jesus and see what He says. He ought to know.
    Here's a man with a dead daughter. Utilyan says, " How many works have you got? You get nothing unless you got works."
    Jesus says, "Don't be afraid; only believe" (Mark 5:36).

If I thought you were interested, I would explain to you the meaning of James 2:24 and how it can be reconciled quite simply with umpteen verses teaching justification by faith alone. But you aren't interested, are you? Your only interest in James 2:24 is as a stick to try and beat people over the head.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Don't be afraid; only believe" (Mark 5:36).

Amen! What does don't be afraid entail? It is a good work. Fear is a verb and so is stopping it.

1 john 4

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

Why does he say "ONLY BELIEVE"? he does not say FEAR and BELIEVE. This would be imperfect. The EVIL of FEAR with Believing is not good. He says to root out FEAR so pure belief remains.

He commands no fear, the only where to get there is LOVE, Love casts out fear.

Satan believes Martin, Satan Believes in Jesus more then you do, met him face to face. Satan not only believes Jesus, but trusts Jesus. If Jesus says a rock will fall here from the sky, Satan is not going to stand in the spot, he believes Jesus.

That does not save him. Because Satan does not Love.

I firmly believe it is not works alone.

I firmly believe Faith is required. "A faithless love of God" that's not true love of God, that still has fear mixed in the belief.

Imagine Faith as Chocolate Cake . I love only chocolate cake, I will be happy with only chocolate cake.

And we have two options, ONLY CHOCOLATE CAKE or Chocolate cake WITH garbage and trash on it.

One view is well the one with garbage is Good because as long as it has Chocolate Cake somewhere the dish is good.

The other view is REALLEY only Chocolate cake, actual alone.

Faith requires its purity. And I have scripture to prove it.

1 Corinthians 13

2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

You want to give me an explanation? Lets start with what it means to have PERFECT FAITH of such high caliber to REMOVE MOUNTAINS.......... How many mountains have you moved today?

And yet since this AWESOME faith has NO LOVE it is NOTHING.

What is so abhorrent of this ingredient of "LOVE" being required?

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Utilyan, you took a lot of letters to say nothing.
    You insist on adding to grace. It is against your teaching that Paul wrote Galatians.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not required while a sinner in order to get saved!

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

You don't believe Jesus.

I however believe Jesus Christ is Lord.

Luke 10

25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

Hallelujah! AMEN! Jesus Christ is LORD.

19. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith as big as a grain of mustard seed is all that is required, praise God (Matthew 17:9). You don't have the faintest idea what the Lord Jesus means when He speaks of faith moving mountains.
    Faith is the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). It is the result of being born again. If someone has no love, it means that they are not born again.
    Salvation comes from trusting in Christ- believing. The love will follow.
    '"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though He may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world"' (John 11:25-27).

Now then; was Martha saved? Or did Jesus then say to her, 'OK, but how much do you love me on a scale of 1-10 and if it's less than nine, you're out!'?

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

Martha could have spit on Jesus, Jesus is going to bring Lazarus back. Jesus was comforting her to have confidence.

Jesus himself wept.

35Jesus wept. 36So the Jews were saying, “See how He loved him!”

Do you think Jesus doubted? Brother when you cry no matter how easy to fix its for Christ his tears are bigger then yours.

Whenever your in pain, Jesus feels it 10 times more.

41So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42“I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.”

Their faith could have been jack to zero. He didn't say he was going to do the miracle because they already believe and have faith.

God is not a result of Faith. LOVE aka GOD is eternal. If Love is NOT GOD the entirety of 1 Corinthians 13 would be an idolatry.

Its absolutely worth repeating, If LOVE is not GOD then 1 Corinthians 13 is Idolatry. Faith, Hope and GOD the greatest is GOD. You can replace the word love with God and Jesus, that passage will fly. Faith is INFERIOR to Love. In fact one day FAITH will cease.

Do dead bodies exist? Have you ever seen a dead body before?

James 2

26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Here:

BODY = FAITH.

SPIRIT = WORKS.

Go find you a dead body. See if the SPIRIT comes from it.

Even GOD is SPIRIT, The HOLY SPIRIT, GOD IS LOVE.

The HOLY SPIRIT didn't come from the HOLY DEAD BODY-FAITH.