1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TERMINATED from the job

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 13, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never was rude to anyone there and tried to keep my witness. I do not see an opportunity back there again as the Lord may have closed that door for good. Not sure how to contact anyone from there as I never got any numbers. But I am looking for another job, just in shock at the moment.

But there is one positive coming from this. I did notice a few times some of the people there would apologize after they said a cuss word around me. I never spoke against cussing or their lifestyles, etc... I also impressed one lady by doing her assignment with excellence and efficient on my last day.

But I was not liked by those in charge of the operation and they found a way to get rid of me and not once did they address my "performance" issues to me.

#21 evangelist6589, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They were retained on contingency basis. They were paid out of the settlement.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought about filing with the EEOC but it would be a hard case to prove as I only worked there for a month and a half. The claimed "performance" but I never was coached or spoken with by the manager about that. I did know however that they did have allot of problems with organization there such as product not in the correct location, pick sheets not being correct, pick sheets being DUPLICATES, bin locations not counted properly, and also my printer and computer not working properly.

Bottom line is that the employer was not interested in me and wanted me out as I did not fit into their mold and that due to my beliefs. Nothing I can do about it but I filed unemployment today and am looking for a new job.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I counsel caution. You might consider seeking legal advice BEFORE sending a letter.

I see Webdog's case as being different than yours. He was able to show dishonesty and, if not outright illegality, borderline illegality. Nothing you've stated so far identifies anything other than a work area with poor work and management ethics.

All I'm counseling is caution. With such a letter, you might end up seeing the entire work section replaced, and productivity in that area subsequently increased. Or the person who receives the letter might simply toss it, putting it off as "disgruntled ex-employee." Worst-case, when/if you identify having worked there, and the new potential employer contacts them to check you out, they could possibly smear your name and reputation (BUT--if you can prove that, then you really have a legal case against them, and I would wholeheartedly recommend you pursue that).

Just be aware of what all you may be opening the door to; remembering also that this affects your family, too.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think the fact he was told they would not cater to his RA is enough in itself to get the advice of legal counsel. That was the basis for me, termination while on work restrictions. If anything it might help him in the company fighting his unemployment. Cant hurt, most consultations are free and most reputable attorney do contingency and only take the case if they feel there is a good chance at a favorable outcome.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the past (some) jobs where I worked at they kept records of employee performance and so it was not a surprise when one was terminated for such a reason. This employer I am aware is not interested in the truth but just in advancing their agenda.

I filed for unemplpoyment and am looking for a new job. I am not sure this LARGE CORPORATION cares about what really happened. It also could be possible that I worked myself out of a job with my work ethics. It seemed as if I was knocking out the kits way too fast and often did not have work.

#26 evangelist6589, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will fight for unemployment but Lord willing will have a new job long before that kicks in. Proving my case would be difficult given how long I worked there.

Perhaps this is a lesson learned. I need to get better at workplace politics.