1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Terroristic Cop Placed on Leave

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

McKinney, Texas, police officer who pulled gun on unarmed teenagers at 'pool party' placed on leave

A Texas police officer who drew his gun on unarmed teenagers while responding to a disturbance at a pool and threw a bikini-clad teen girl to the ground has been placed on administrative leave, officials said Sunday.

The incident occurred Friday night in McKinney, Texas, about 30 miles north of Dallas, when police were called to a private community pool where a large crowd had gathered.

In a video taken by a teenage bystander and posted to YouTube, the white officer, later identified by local media as Eric Casebolt, can be seen shouting obscenities and ordering some black teens to lie on the ground while telling others to disperse. Casebolt is then seen grabbing the back of the girl's head, throwing her to the ground and pushing her face down, then pulling his gun on a pair of black teenagers who appeared to be coming to her aid.

http://news.yahoo.com/mckinney-texas-police-pool-party-video-205421706.html

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can someone tell me what "terroristic" is?

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever Zaac says it is.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That guy did a pretty epic "Die Hard" style commando roll there at one point. :laugh:

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What on earth was THAT all about? :laugh: I thought this had to be a joke upon seeing that, but nope. It's real.

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't we wait until everything is sorted out before we pass judgment and label someone "terroristic," whatever that means?

There are contradictory reports as to the circumstances and what was happening off camera. There's almost always much more to the story than just what gets hyped on social media and the news.

7. targus

targus New Member

I've seen enough from other sources on the net to know that is much more to this story and that the OP is going to be seen vey differently when the facts all come out.

These were not just innocent kids at a pool party.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks to me like, while subduing one suspect, he was about to be attacked by two others.

It's a perfectly justified show of force to stop the oncoming attack.

If anything, he'll get a slap on the wrist. Doesn't really deserve that.

Calling the police was justified, as well.

#8 carpro, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't shoot the black boys or the black girl; guess he's not as terroristic as all the other white cops....

10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Actually I was wondering why they had to include he was a white officer, actually a police officer threw the girl to the ground. But the liberal news media likes to stirrup racial tensions.

Of course the President will fuel the fire adding his racial overtones. Ever noticed that when an African American officer shoots someone they never report that an African American officer did this they just report that an officer did this or that. Like the Baltimore incident a few weeks ago.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My first comment was about Zaac's inflammatory rhetoric.

Now, honest evaluation: Dude over-reacted. I watched it without sound. Might watch it again later with the sound turned up, but I wanted to see facial expressions and physical actions. Dude flat-out over-reacted.

What confuses me the most is, there were two other white cops standing there the entire time, apparently with the hispanic kid that was filming this, while that dude was flitting here and there and hand-cuffing people. They apparently were just letting this dude do his thing. Makes no sense to me. They took off after the two boys when they ran away from the cop pulling his gun. Until then, they were apparently either letting that guy do all the work, or they were standing there thinking, "this guy's flipping out, but he outranks us or something, so...."

As for the roll; not a bad roll, but obviously he tripped over his own feet causing him to fall in the first place. Nice recovery. Shucks, a lot of what happened afterwards may have been because of how embarrassed he was from that fall-and-roll....:laugh:

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

From a news article on the situation,
    "But local homeowners defended the officers’ actions, arguing the officers’ safety was threatened. “I feel absolutely horrible for the police and what’s going on… they were completely outnumbered and they were just doing the right thing when these kids were fleeing and using profanity and threatening security guards,” an anonymous woman told Fox4. Notes thanking the officers were also hung on the pool fence."

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is what I saw.

14. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over the years, I've become rather jaded by media descriptors in these types of situations where the media writer is trying to provoke a reaction.

I remember one incident where I was a witness - not involved, but I knew most of the people involved - where the media went on and on about a "grandmother" who had two men "jump on her" and "forced her to the ground" to be handcuffed "like a criminal."

Told another way without the sensationalistic facts, a woman who was about 30 years old (yes, she was a grandmother) spent 20 minutes verbally assaulting the store manager, refused to leave when politely requested to leave, and even after being warning that she was criminally trespassing and would be taken into custody if she did not comply. She started screaming at the top of her lungs and slammed her heavy handbag at the two store security officers striking them several times before they carefully restrained her arms and gently lowered her to the ground to be cuffed before police arrived. That's a very different story than the news media presented.

Whenever I hear about someone being "unarmed," I take that into consideration, but that does not mean they are not a threat to life and safety. In my late teens through my mid-30s, I was a formidable presence and could end someone's life rather easily if I needed/wanted to do it. That's not something to brag about, but I had the size, strength, training, and mental discipline to act quickly and decisively if someone were foolish enough to let me get close to them in a conflict.

Police officers know that. Moreover, they are armed and they MUST remain in control of their person and their weapon at all times. They cannot afford to get into scuffles when they are outnumbered.

A teenaged boy or girl - armed or not - can be a deadly force given their youth, strength, and lack of understanding of consequences. So all of this wailing and moaning about teenagers being treated as threats may or may not be legitimate. Some teens are definitely extremely dangerous. Others are not. Media descriptions that identify them as "unarmed" are only telling part of the story - unless then are literally armless.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, it was just him that lost his cool. I think he might have been the ranking guy on the scene. The other two guys were pretty calm. In fact, at the point the kids return the flashlight to the one guy, the ranking officer comes raging over and tells all of them to get on the ground. The guy they handed the flashlight back to seemed to be doing a pretty good job of keeping a level head and quelling the situation and looked genuinely confused at what the endgame was supposed to be to all of this. I don't see an issue with the draw as he was being approached and it seemed like an instinct. Putting the girl on the ground like that was pretty heavy handed and might be what got him put on leave. She was actually leaving the area as instructed albeit while running her mouth like a typical teenager. You just have to remember that you're the adult and ignore that stuff. Him going back to get her and roughing her up on the pavement looks vindictive and was unnecessary.

Not a bad point Don about him being upset that he tripped Don! He was definitely furious about something.

I'd still love to know what prompted all of this.

#15 Use of Time, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way I heard it out of the Dallas morning news, homeowners in the area called the cops to say that teens were basically crashing a pool party, and that fights had started breaking out.

I agree that we still need to wait for more information; my evaluation so far is based on the video from the OP link (again, without sound, so I don't know what the teens were saying), and is based on my experience and training. With more information, I may change my mind.

Pull your mace; pull your Taser; pull your ASP or baton; but pistol? With two other officers standing nearby? And the two boys backing up as you apparently yelled at them to get back? Unnecessary.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

His actions are those of a terrorist so he's being termed terroristic.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So? His actions, like those of a lot of officers dealing with black people, is terroristic.

White folks are afraid of the ISIS terrorists. Black folks already got terrorists shooting them down and waving guns at them and pulling little teenage girls by their hair and slamming them onto the ground.

My language is no more inflammatory than white folks always referring to black folks as thugs or what have ya.

So if his actions are those of a terrorist, I'm gonna call him terroristic.

He will quietly be let go because he's a terrorist who has behaved this way before no doubt.

Of course it was. Doesn't excuse his terroristic actions of waving a gun at folks and slamming a little girl into the ground.

Law suit.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right. I guess the pistol draw was maybe a bit hasty. Now that you mention it, it almost looks like the other officers run toward him when he pulls it. Almost like "whoa, whoa, whoa."

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a reasonable conversation going on here. You are not participating in it.