1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Test questions of the past

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Mar 18, 2018.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long ago, and now far away, I often would place a question on a test or quiz designed to see the student's response to something off topic.

For example:

On a test over doctrines, I might slip in: Can you explain the importance of the Monroe Doctrine?

A music teacher I knew would slip into a test on composers: How do you spell Tchaikovsky?

A biology teacher I knew would ask: Do the ravioli get too dry when too much air is taken into the lungs?

So, you get the idea.

I know that some of you are (or were) not teachers, but perhaps you can think of a professor who had a sense of humor and would be amused when including such non-point question.

If so, what was the question?

Can you think of the response others had when some answer was exposed as laughable?

What remarks might you remember that were left on a paper that was given back to you?

There are no wrong answers on this thread.

It is meant to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Those who want to study this matter for Scripture support, need to consider that verse found in Hezekiah 2 where Isaiah ask, "What was it they wanted?"

:)

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give a quiz on the first day of Greek 102 (2nd semester of Koine Greek):

1. What does “Koine” mean? (a) a Roman coin (b) common (c) a Greek chef (d) Palestinian sushi

2. If you were a Greek, would you want to live here?
    (a) Yes (b) No (c) Only if I had to (d) Not on your life (e) What kind of a question is that?

3. What is your favorite language? (a) Greek (b) Greek (c) Greek (d) Greek (e) all of the above

4. No, seriously, what is your favorite language?
    (a) Outer Mongolian Buryat (b) Greek (c) Esperanto (d) Indo-European (e) Japanese

5. Is Greek your favorite subject in college? Yes No (Think of the danger of a “No” answer.)

6. Who does best at Greek? (a) men (b) women (c) Greeks (d) Greek professors

7. If you met an alien race from space, what language should you speak to them?
    (a) Greek (b) Chinese (c) English (d) Japanese (e) Pig Latin

8. If a Greek student, history student and music student were in an airplane about to crash, and there was only one parachute, who should get it? __________________

9. If you were not a Greek student, what would you be? (a) ashamed (b) ignorant (c) a freshman

10. Essay Question: What does the phrase, “It’s Greek to me,” mean to you?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    # 3 - answer = F
    # 10 - you dont understand Math

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. What does “Koine” mean? (a) a Roman coin (b) common (c) a Greek chef (d) Palestinian sushi

It's Greek to me!

2. If you were a Greek, would you want to live here?
    (a) Yes (b) No (c) Only if I had to (d) Not on your life (e) What kind of a question is that?

Where? Wisconsin? Are you nuts? I don't do snow!

3. What is your favorite language? (a) Greek (b) Greek (c) Greek (d) Greek (e) all of the above

Broken English?

4. No, seriously, what is your favorite language?
    (a) Outer Mongolian Buryat (b) Greek (c) Esperanto (d) Indo-European (e) Japanese

Still Broken Engish.

5. Is Greek your favorite subject in college? Yes No (Think of the danger of a “No” answer.)

No. I was still sane back in those days.

6. Who does best at Greek? (a) men (b) women (c) Greeks (d) Greek professors

My Greek teacher, Dr. Gordon Lovic, used to say, "Come on people! Every little street urchin in Athens understands Greek better than you!"

7. If you met an alien race from space, what language should you speak to them?
    (a) Greek (b) Chinese (c) English (d) Japanese (e) Pig Latin

Klingon?

8. If a Greek student, history student and music student were in an airplane about to crash, and there was only one parachute, who should get it? __________________

Me. Definitely me!

9. If you were not a Greek student, what would you be? (a) ashamed (b) ignorant (c) a freshman

Relieved?

10. Essay Question: What does the phrase, “It’s Greek to me,” mean to you?

See answer to #1.

I know. I know. I chose some answers that were not options. But you didn't really expect me to color inside the lines, did you? :D :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you ever? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1