1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Testimony About Hell!! tithes and offerings

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 6, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I was listening to this testimony about 7 young kids who were given a vision of hell. One stated that she saw a woman who was being punished by a demon. In front of she had a silver plate that stated " I am here because I didnt tithe or give offerings. What do you think about this???

Can one go to hell for not giving tithe or offerings!!!

2. NateT

NateT Member

There are a couple of problems with this vision. 1. No believer will go to hell - if they are truly a believer. 2. If you go to hell, it isn't for just one sin (although 1 sin is enough to send you there) but for all of your sins. 3. There is nowhere in the Bible that describes Satan and his demons being the rulers of hell. Instead, they will be punished in hell just as any non-believer.

Sorry to sound cynical, but was one the people who had the vision holding an offering plate for tithes and offering after the testimony?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like prosperity theology followers reaping the benefits of their teachings. There is nothing biblical about this garbage.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

In the testimony one of the kids said that they saw John Lenon from the bettles and he was being tortured.

5. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

Is this vision on the web?

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sounds more like a concocted daydream.

7. Pete

Pete New Member

I think it would fill Fresh Kills 17 times..... ;)

Ahhh the things yer learn on the net :smilewinkgrin:

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

No.. I wish.. it was recorded at a church and my friend sent me a copy of the DVD. I wish I could posted or something..

Another part of the story was where, they were describing hell and stating that it had different parts.

There was one person there who had a tag on his chest that stated " I am here for being normal " They asked Jesus, " What does that mean " and Jesus replied, " Many now and days live life thinking that because they are not a murderer, thief or child molester that they are ok and dont need to accept me as their savior. Many live life thinking that they are normal and thats enough to get them to heaven and they are wrong. I am the only way "

There was a special section for homosexuals, liars, thiefs, murderers, child molesters ext!!! Does the bible talk about this?? Different sections of Hell?? Why do all the testimony's of people who claim to have seen hell all fall in one accord with saying that there are different sections for different sins??

9. Inquiring Mind

What Hell is really like is only speculation, the Bible is quiet

The doctrine of hell is so frightening that numerous heretical sects end up denying the reality of an eternal hell. The Unitarian-Universalists, the Seventh-Day Adventists, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christadelphians, the Christian Scientists, the Religious Scientists, the New Agers, and the Mormons—all have rejected or modified the doctrine of hell so radically that it is no longer a serious threat. In recent decades, this decay has even invaded mainstream Evangelicalism, and a number of major Evangelical figures have advocated the view that there is no eternal hell—the wicked will simply be annihilated.

But the eternal nature of hell is stressed in the New Testament. For example, in Mark 9:47–48 Jesus warns us, "t is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where the worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched." And in Revelation 14:11, we read: "And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Hell is not just a theoretical possibility. Jesus warns us that real people go there. He says, "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few" (Matt. 7:13–14).

10. Inquiring Mind

this closely mirrors Mary Kay Baxter's "A Divine Revelation of Hell".

11. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Sounds like the stewardship campaign from Hell. The rest sounds like something out of Dante's Inferno. Personally I'd take it about as serious as a badly written skit.

12. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Now the fact that many people in different areas of the world are having the same vision, could it be inspired by GOD to warn us. Does the possibility exist?

13. NateT

NateT Member

If and only if it doesn't violate any scripture.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Toronto Blessing began people were crawling around on their hands and knees howling like a dog saying it was the Holy Ghost that was making them do it. "I am howling for Jesus"

It moved to Pensacola Fl and people began laughing uncontrollably, falling to the ground and flopping around like a fish.

None of this garbage reflects who God is even this so called vision. It is nothing more than peoples imagination stirred by ungodly lusts. People want manifestations of the Spirit because they think in them they have power from God.

The power of God is in his Word. It comes from prayer and fasting. God does not provide visions to people who are lusting after power and act loosy goosy with scripture.

The same reduculous vision in more than one place means two idiots instead of one.

15. standingfirminChrist

16. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Tithing is in the Law. For those under it they will be held accountable for not following this part of the law. Will they be sent to hell for it? I'll leave that up to God.

Using this in a church today is a despicable misuse of scripture to try get people to give money. Tithing is not a requirement in the new covenant nor is it even mentioned by Paul as a good starting place like most baptist preachers will tell you

Too many people are being robbed of the opportunity to be giving and are being forced into paying their dues by this false teaching. Therefore this vision is merely under the label "false signs and wonders" along with theother ones being tossed about by today's false prophets.

Mark 13:22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

II Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies"

I John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God"

Gal. 3:10 "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them."

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Exactly Rev, there are only two gates to hell... Blasphemy and Unbelief... :thumbs:

Unfortunately, the road had to be widened due to heavy traffic... :BangHead:

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Trustitil

Absolutely. There is no justification whatsoever for any church...Baptist or any other...to teach tithing to new testament/new covenant believers.

:godisgood: