1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Texas is England"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Sep 8, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michael Voris, who has a degree in theology, broadcasts from the Detroit area about church problems from the website Church Militant. He is a staunch Roman Catholic. He has noted that Texas has a state law much like England's law that allows the state to make life or death decisions about a patient no matter what the family wishes.

"The outrage properly and justifiably vented against the bishops of England and Wales over the death of Alfie Evans needs to now be directed toward the bishops of Texas and their political arm, here in the United States. The reason — their strong support for a Texas law which allows the exact same situation in Texas hospitals that doomed Alfie Evans, as well the little baby Charlie Gard, both in England. While the details and rabbit trails are all long and winding and circuitous, the bottom line is this: There is a worldwide push among establishment elites to let doctors and hospitals be the final say when it comes to treatment of patients who cannot speak for themselves.

"This was the foundational principle of Obamacare — that you lose your rights to make medical decisions and the state takes them over, a law, remember, that was largely supported by U.S. bishops with the exception of the employer contraception mandate. It was, after all, existing British law that a homosexual activist judge kept throwing at the parents of Alfie Evans, denying them their natural rights to make the health-care decisions for Alfie....

"Now, jump the pond, as they say, to the U.S. and specifically to Texas and that political arm of the Texas bishops who, just like their English counterparts, have thrown their collective weight behind a Texas law saying, in summary, that after 10 days, the family loses the right to make any further medical decisions in the life-saving care of a patient and the decision on if and how to proceed is purely the hospital's...."

Texas is England

2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ObamaCare is the private enterprise solution to extending healthcare to those who don't have it. People purchase insurance policies from private insurance companies not the government. This solution was initially proposed by the ultra-conservative heritage Foundation. The dfeath panels work for insurance companies not the government.

• Like Like x 1
  3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the govt in Texas works like England for the insurance companies? Is that okay with you?

4. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I do know that Mitt Romney established a healthcare plan in MA that is more liberal than Obamacare and is working well.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that the only thing that you like about Romney?

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Does the Constitution protect a fundamental right to parent? - National Constitution Center

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I imagine the British would agree with you. I don't think that many people in Texas are aware of this loophole in their law, and I am not sure that it is still there because the Vortex video and transcript are four months old. I think what was so disgusting in the British cases was that other people wanted to try to help the little children but the British law, with a homosexual activist judge, said that no one could help and that the little children were like in a prison owned and operated by the government. Perhaps it is the same in Australia.

When this country was started, we had little government. The whole place was a wilderness and people were on their own. The government is not your friend but a necessary evil that should be kept very small and very cheap. As Reagan used to say, the scariest words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." He also compared government to a one-year old that was not potty-trained and not diapered and who relieved himself wherever he pleased and someone else had to clean up the mess.

8. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have not presented my view on this topic. Just the legal precedent in the US.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Brits like their system. The Texans are silent so far.

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The US Post Office loses money left and right for generations. The workers are unionized and are better paid than most US workers. They seem to be overstaffed and slow. My small hometown no longer cancels their own mail--it is sent to a larger city 30 miles away where it is cancelled and then returned. Big business gets many breaks. Almost daily, I get a handful of advertisements that I don't want or need--it's called junk mail and along with utility bills it is most of what I get. I have to set it out in the trash every week and off it goes to the landfill or the electricity producing incinerator. This junk mail goes for a rock-bottom rate. I seldom mail anything anymore. I can't even tell you what it costs to send a letter. I live in a semi-rural area and other than my own mail box, it is hard to find a pickup mail box. My home is in a new town so there is no post office. I have to go to the county seat or one of the adjoining suburbs to find a post office. There is a postal substation in a supermarket three or four miles from me.

So the American government does not deliver services too well. It seems foolish to have medical services delivered to the entire population in a vast country from Washington DC, a city that I don't even want to visit. The government is so unresponsive that it reminds you of the Vatican and the Catholic hierarchy that does not want to hear any complaints from the laity.

If a person has means, he should be able to take his own children to a place where they can obtain good medical treatment. My medical treatment is okay but the government would be like falling off the cliff. Under Obama, we were afraid that we were going to lose our excellent county hospitals. And now Indianapolis has become as dangerous as Chicago, and I as a white do not want to go to Indianapolis hospitals even though one of the leading hospitals in the state is in Indianapolis. And guess what? Indianapolis people are going to suburban hospitals so much so that it is difficult to be seen in their clinics.

If Texas has a law like England to this day, then Texans will soon have some pitiful cases like England where insane judges will make insane rulings.