1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Textual Criticism of Matthew--Byz. & TR

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by John of Japan, Oct 5, 2020.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aha. So SavedByGrace calls Burgon "the great John Burgon" in the thread, "Is the KJV Inspired?" in Post #45. Again in #67 in the same thread, SBG wrote, "Burgon is A+++ as a textual scholar, neither White, Wallace, Metzger, etc can be placed in the same!"

And SBG accuses Robinson of attacking God's Word, though Robinson was influenced by Burgon. I'm pretty sure SBG doesn't understand either Burgon or Robinson, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. But Burgon would love Robinson/Pierpont!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in MBBC, I took a class in Scientific Creationism. There I learned the differences between a law, a theory, and a model. I look at Wescott/Hort and Burgeon and I find the good Dean has a better model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JJ: "The Causes of Corruption of the NT Text, p. 78 in Jay Green's reprint of the book--alas that's all I have of that book, not the original edition)."

Go to archive.org, where you can find that and others of Burgon's books for free download.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, cool. thanks!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Burgon would not have agreed with KJVO that both the Kjv and TR did not need corrections, and would have been Majority text today!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1