1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thank You!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JSM17, May 12, 2010.

1. JSM17

JSM17 New Member

I want to extend a great thank you to the people of this board, you know who you are.:wavey: I am so grateful that I had the time to spend here on this site, thank you for challenging my beliefs and faith.

Thank you Darron Steele, you were the most challanging and you were so right :thumbsup:eek:n so many points AND I WAS WRONG ON SO MANY POINTS!

I have left the church of Christ:, even though it pains:BangHead: me to leave, I also feel free from legalism and pressure of preforming up to the standards of other men instead of doing what was right and true.
    Heavenly Pilgrim your awesome, by far you are a great debator regardless of what anyone says! Thank you for reaching out, it was very helpful in this process!

stainglass you as well helped me so much with our conversations, just remember everyone, you do make a difference in everything you do either for good or for bad!

I'll be back once and a while to see:type: how everyone is doing. I feel so free and unburdened by all this, it took so long to see things!

Peace be to you all!

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbs::applause::godisgood:

3. Mississippi John

Ain't it funny how God changes our minds. Unlearning is as important as learning. May the Peace of Our Lord be with you !!!

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

JSM17, now that you have left the Church of Christ, where are you going? Will you become a Baptist, or what?

I hope you'll stick around. You are still welcome here.

5. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Well, thank you for the note of appreciation.

It looks like I was not always right. I never thought you would actually reconsider anything that portion of the Churches of Christ was telling you.

You deserve credit for following the evidence despite your loyalties. There are a lot of people who will not do that. In their minds, their group is always right, has nothing wrong with it, Bible and other truths be darned. You deserve commendation for for following the evidence despite your emotional attachments.

I am sorry you felt you had to leave the Churches of Christ. It not being right in all areas does not necessarily mean you should leave it. Church groups are made up of people, and as such, none will be right on all details.

In some parts of the Churches of Christ, however, if you do not `buy the whole package,' you better show yourself `the door' before they show you some `teeth.'

Also, you will find that a lot of people who are always talking about sin, namely other people's, it is because they do not know the Bible and/or are not paying enough attention to their own walk with the Lord. Anyone who
    a) knows the Bible, and
    b) is paying careful attention to their own walk with the Lord
    is too aware of their own sin and need for improvement to think a whole bunch about others' walks.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What were the "convincing" point(s)? (Here I am guessing it was not "name calling" that convinced you to change so would like to know what Bible points you found to be most compelling). Knowing which points are perceived as having the most weight from your former POV will be a help to everyone.

in Christ,

Bob