1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

That Which I have Feared Most...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SpiritualMadMan, Jan 2, 2011.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly fear comes upon me, and that of which I am afraid befalls me.

Most Charismatics like quoting this as, "That which I feared most has come upon me".

I caught myself saying, "I was 'afraid' of that".

The point seems to be that Job was petrified with fear and therefore had no "real" faith...

I am not so sure, considering how we often talk of "fear" in so many colors that it is often easy, often intentional, to use the wrong color...

This is especially true in dealing with posts about our Government keeping the pot stirred up and generating false concern...

Notice how many times I could have used "fear" in the above sentence...

When I said, "I was afraid that would happen", what did I mean?

I meant that I had enough information to consider the possibility that something could happen and that the probability was higher than I liked it to be.

When some of us talk about the Government generating "Fear", I think it is more of a stirring of the pot, a generating of excessive concern and a distraction from what is going on behind the scenes that our government really doesn't want us to know or think about...

But, what happens is that people think that by "Fear" we mean petrifying terror...

We don't...

Although, those close to the epicenter of any "Red Flags" that are sure to come... Will probably be a bit pertrified at the time... :D

I think more than anything else, that the arrogance, deafness and intrusivness, not to mention the "We Are Your God" attitude, of our Government is generating not so much fear as anger.