1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"That Woman" Kim Davis an Unwitting Contributor to Vatican Infighting

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerome, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rift between Archbishop Vigano, now a chief critic of Pope Francis, traced to failed photo op with Kentucky county clerk:

courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/30/pope-francis-fired-vigano-over-meeting-clerk-kim-davis/1142253002/

"A name Kentuckians may recognize — Kim Davis — popped up in a recent report about infighting in the Roman Catholic Church....the backstory behind some of the drama involves the Rowan County clerk....the rift between Francis and Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò...could have been exacerbated by Viganò arranging a meeting between Francis and Davis during his 2015 trip to the United States."

An abuse survivor who had spoken to Francis at length told the newspaper that Francis told him Viganò nearly sabotaged the trip. 'I didn't know who that woman was, and he snuck her in to say hello to me — and of course they made a whole publicity out of it,' Juan Carlos Cruz recalled Francis saying, according to the New York Times. 'And I was horrified and I fired that nuncio,' Francis said, according to Cruz."

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A failed photo op can linger on and on...